Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    (Mtbr Site Manager) Administrator

Mootsapalooza 2007 - Far Hills, NJ Saturday, May 26th 12 noon to 8 P.M.

(Far Hills, NJ April 25th) Both William D. Trego and Moots Cycles of Steamboat Springs, CO have announced a day of riding and a BBQ for all Moots riders on William Trego's sheep farm in Far Hills, NJ on Saturday, May 26th.
    They've named the event Mootsapalooza 2007 and this is the first ever enthusiast gathering held by and for Moots riders. In fact, this may be the first event of its kind for any premium bike brand.

Mootsapalooza is open to all Moots owners and riders and only Moots bikes will be permitted to ride. The farm, conveniently located 50 miles directly west of NYC should be reachable by all in the mid-Atlantic region. This is a full day of riding, both road and mountain bikes, on this spectacular 60 acre farm, with hot dogs, hamburgers and other such stuff grilled up by farm cooks for all at 5 or 6 p.m. Riding begins at noon.

Wives and girlfriends are welcome (hopefully not together) though pets and children should be left at home.
    Come on out to the Somerset Hills of NJ for a day of fun, fellowship, and celebration of the finest bike brand in the world. There will be some great surprises and this event should not be missed. Those without a ride should beg, borrow or buy a Moots for this weekend -- a great excuse to take the plunge.

Please e-mail William D. Trego at Mootsapalooza@aol.com to register and for directions and further information. Tell them about yourself and how many people (and cars) will be attending.

See you all at Mootsapalooza 2007!

source: William D. Trego
    Mootsapalooza@aol.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Idaho!
    Mar 2006
    "Oh no - I'm so sorry, it's the Moops."

-George Costanza

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gregg
    Mootsapalooza is open to all Moots owners and riders and only Moots bikes will be permitted to ride. ...
    I think some people with some spendy seatposts and stems may be a little miffed.

Quote Originally Posted by gregg
    Wives and girlfriends are welcome (hopefully not together) though pets and children should be left at home.
    Are women allowed to own moots too or are you guys that exclusive?

If I find some trust fund baby / investment banker boyfriend can I ride or does rule 1 still apply?

vgt
    mtbr member

is this for real?

mootzapooloza? is this a joke? odd.

VGT

ong
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I notice they changed the "wives and girlfriends" line on their Web site (http://www.moots.com/events.php?Event_ID=23). That was in pretty astonishingly poor taste. (Especially for a company that makes such a big deal of their support for breast cancer research.)

mtbr member
    all the real bikers will be at the us open at diablo freeride park lol jp.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

mootsapoola

can someone tell me where to get a moot bike i would love to be part of the fellowship and camararadery i also know lots of other peoplewho want to attend::

w3rd.
    uhh.. how many people are going? If they're renting out a whole farm, I would think there would be 100+ people going

Start slow and taper off
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Liquid
    uhh.. how many people are going? If they're renting out a whole farm, I would think there would be 100+ people going
    Most likely the farm/home of a Moots owner, hence the moots only. That was my immediate thought.
    My Artwork

Hard words break no bones, fine words butter no parsnips.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Private estate, if I'm not mistaken the owner is in the publishing business. I think mainly outdoors stuff, fishing, hunting etc. He also writes for the NY Times. He's a pretty interesting guy.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by neveride
    Most likely the farm/home of a Moots owner, hence the moots only. That was my immediate thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by moots.com
    Deep in the serene hills of New Jersey farm country lives our good friend and respected publisher and writer, William D. Trego. Bill is a thinking man, and I like to believe that one of his finer thoughts came to him while riding one of his Moots bikes- he has a fleet of five. Bill reminds me of Albert Einstein. And as the good doctor said, “I thought of that while riding my bike.” But that was in reference to the theory of relativity, and Bill’s brain child is Mootsapalooza 2007.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    drat! the event is THAT weekend? no way i'm making it, sorry chaps. my bentley is scheduled for an oil change, the range rover is getting fitted with dubs and the wife and i are taking the dogs to the house in the hamptons.

www.mtbnj.com
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bonefishjake
    drat! the event is THAT weekend? no way i'm making it, sorry chaps. my bentley is scheduled for an oil change, the range rover is getting fitted with dubs and the wife and i are taking the dogs to the house in the hamptons.
    reality check:

the scrambler won't start, it costs too much to fuel up the 'burb and you need to get diapers for the kids and dry wall house. Oh yeah, and you don't own a Moots.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    what's a moots and is it contagious?
    ....::::::::: WeRideBikes:::::::::....

dontcha?
    What's a moots? is it like a Llama that you can ride or something? Can't say I ever seen one or ridden one?

Is this how everyone is going to get their "moots" to this party?
    "The future belongs to those that believe in the beauty of their dreams."

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I got moots once and was in the hospital for 5 days till they could figure out the problem. when they finally did they said I had a very large sheep stuck in my bum. You don't want it.

I'm Idaho!
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by captain spaulding
    What's a moots? is it like a Llama that you can ride or something? Can't say I ever seen one or ridden one?

Is this how everyone is going to get their "moots" to this party?
    This is f'ing priceless!

Bushwhacker
    Apr 2005
    Ummm, how do you spell *****bag?

I think we all should go, Moots or not 8^)

JD

banned
    Would be funny to see more non-Moots owners show than the followers.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Devil
    Ummm, how do you spell *****bag?
    Umm, deush bag?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    that would be douche .... french for shower. go figure....... shower in a bag........

6x7=Dont Panic!
    Funniest thread Ive seen in a while. Why is it so wrong that they only want people riding moots bikes? Its a "moots enthusiast gathering", even if I don't have a moots why would I want to bring a bike built by another brand? Sure it would be cool to see a herd of high quality titanium bicycles, but I'd feel a little under dressed on my aluminum Klein that cost less than a new moots frame. Alz Im saying is there is no real reason to talk shit.
    Herro prease

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    It's a moot point, after all is said and done.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRedMantra
    Funniest thread Ive seen in a while. Why is it so wrong that they only want people riding moots bikes? Its a "moots enthusiast gathering", even if I don't have a moots why would I want to bring a bike built by another brand? Sure it would be cool to see a herd of high quality titanium bicycles, but I'd feel a little under dressed on my aluminum Klein that cost less than a new moots frame. Alz Im saying is there is no real reason to talk shit.
    Because from a business standpoint, allowing others to something that will naturally be primarily self limited to Moots owners is a good move. This shows poor management because it's generating that false image of a closed community when you get a Moots and does little for business because it's Moots owners anyhow. Those companies have low turnovers for bike sales because people keep their bikes for so long. It simply doesn't make sense. A non-Moots owner who would attend is an enthusiast as well, for the most part. Just doesn't have a Moots just yet.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Well guys good bad or indifferent it is cancelled. Ironically it is cancelled due to low registration! Go figure. Being an owner of three Moots bikes myself I was stoked about going but totally agree it should be open to all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast