it's just baby phat..

mooch at 9am, sat july 7th

sorry for the late notice. i'll be riding the mooch tomorrow at 9am (sat july 7th). meeting at the waterloo rd lot. looking to do a 2.5-3hr moderate pace ride. advanced intermediate riders would feel right at home but the ride is open to anyone that wants to venture out. meet at 8:45 and wheels down at 9am sharp. nobody gets dropped.

nelson

it's just baby phat..
    a quick ride report..started promptly at 9am.. two riders, jsc1 and myself.. stange to see the waterloo rd lot so empty on a saturday morning. the weather was perfect and the conditions were ideal. rode for about 2.5hrs at a moderate pace stopping every once in a while. did yellow, red, 4 bump alternate, ice cream, dan's, slick rock.. great ride.. here are some pics.

phat
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    i'm itching to go back there since going the weekend before last. on my way back to the waterloo lot down the rail road from the boat launch lot i came across three trails off of the rail that are unmarked and closer to the boat launch lot. two of them headed into allamuchy before the blue trail (right), and one headed to out from the other side of the rail trail (left). anyone familiar with those?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Trails off Rail Trail

The trails ot the rt (heading east on the rail trail) are "social trails" that just showed up. They lead to no place. Really poorly built trails, the thought is that some local kids built them.

The trail on the left (same direction of travel will take you on a loop to the Highlands trail (multiuse in Allamuchy) or tot he new trail that Byram put in this past fall/spring.

Bob W.

mtbr member
    I can't tell what east is, it looks like from the map that the rail runs north-south.

I was really hoping that the social trails lead in between the lake and the mountains, damn. I was thinking there might actually be a trail in to the middle of mooch from the rail that doesn't send you 2 miles up a mountain.

Bob, is there a trail in between the lake and the mountain that the blue trail goes up and down?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Moochy

Id,

Yeah the rail runs more N-S. Also there really is no other trail between the blue and the lake. You can ride off of Cranberry Ledge Rd in the community west of the lake and look for the gate to get you into the park with no climbing at all. However, you will have to climb at some point!

Bob

mtbr member
    Thanks Bob. I'm just trying to learn my way around the park. So big.