mtbr member
    Jul 2007

New question here. Mills Reservation

Hello,

I'm just starting to get back into riding after 8 or 9 years of not. I've moved a few times in that timespan, and now I'm looking for some trails. I used to live out near Morristown, and there are lots of trails out that way. Now I'm in Belleville, and there's not so much that's not paved around here. Is Mills Reservation in Montclair/Cedar Grove/Verona any good? I used to live on my bike, but now I'm pretty out of shape. Would Mills be a bad idea? I did some searching, nothing came up on it surprisingly.

Thanks for your input, and I look forward to spending lots of time here.

-jim

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I think xtrpureguts mentioned Mills to me. Maybe PM him and ask? It sounded pretty good.
    [SIZE="1"]We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.[/SIZE]

www.mtbnj.com

it's just baby phat..
    Quote Originally Posted by JimF
    Hello,

I'm just starting to get back into riding after 8 or 9 years of not. I've moved a few times in that timespan, and now I'm looking for some trails. I used to live out near Morristown, and there are lots of trails out that way. Now I'm in Belleville, and there's not so much that's not paved around here. Is Mills Reservation in Montclair/Cedar Grove/Verona any good? I used to live on my bike, but now I'm pretty out of shape. Would Mills be a bad idea? I did some searching, nothing came up on it surprisingly.

Thanks for your input, and I look forward to spending lots of time here.

-jim
    hey jim. glad to hear that you'e getting on the bike. officially, the Mills Reservation is not open to biking. same goes for Eagle Rock and South Mountain. i know that people ride there anyway but i do not recommend it. there has been progress on other fronts that may lead to the possibility of these places opening up, but for now, i would stay away.

phat
    Last edited by phatbiker; 07-12-2007 at 09:03 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by phatbiker
    hey jim. glad to hear that you'e getting on the bike. officially, the Mills Reservation is not open to biking. same goes for Eagle Rock and South Mountain. i know that people ride there anyway but i do not recommend it. there has been progress on other fronts that may lead to the possibility of these places opening up, but for now, i would stay away.

phat
    Thanks for the info. I guess I will head over to the West Essex Trail instead. Doesn't look like it's as interesting, but probably a little easier for me at this point anyway.

Thanks

-jim