mtbr member

Mercer County Park ?

I'm looking for a challenging loop at Mercer County Park. I will be meeting some friends there soon and wanted to make sure the intermediate riders will have a good time.

I heard that the blue trail is decent. Has anyone riddent there recently ?

I found this map online ->
    http://www.angelfire.com/nj2/smart17/maps.html

edit: retried link
    Last edited by Steverod23; 08-28-2007 at 07:45 AM.

i want spring!

mercer

Quote Originally Posted by Steverod23
    I'm looking for a challenging loop at Mercer County Park. I will be meeting some friends there soon and wanted to make sure the intermediate riders will have a good time.

I heard that the blue trail is decent. Has anyone riddent there recently ?

I found this map online ->
    http://www.angelfire.com/nj2/smart17..._trail_map.jpg
    that link just shows you logo but the blue trail is fun. As much as people rag on Mercer in these forums, you will find a lot of people riding there. People say it's boring and flat but if you ride the trails fast. they can be quite challenging with their tight turns. have fun and when will you be out there?

~Db
    Check out all these mountain biking t-shirts, hats, sweatshirts by Trail Hog today!

mtbr member
    Make sure you find the "1001 logs section" :-)
    Head towards East picnic area, turn left right before the pavilion, at a four way intersection of the trails make another left, follow it all the way, there is a section filled with logs and log piles.
    Also on the way there there will be a fun tight quite over grown singletrack section on the left.

Like Bert said, the park is flat, but it got it's own character, flowy, tight, logs. The park doesn't make you work too hard, but if you push yourself to go faster it becomes quite fun challenging ride!

Enjoy!

dz
    I Crash Therefor I Am!!![SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

i want spring!

Festival..

Just a word of caution, if you plan to go there this week, there is a Italian Festival at the park, so the parking may be limited and or crowded. Go do yer ride and head over to there afterward for a sausage and peppers sandwich!!!

~Db
    Check out all these mountain biking t-shirts, hats, sweatshirts by Trail Hog today!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I know this is an older thread, but I love Mercer and have been riding there a lot lately. As was already said, it's about how FAST you go through it.

I really like the section back by the damn. Shoot down the steep hill next to the damn, and hit those trails back there, along the creek. The faster you ride 'em, the more of a blast it is.

I also really like the super twisty, super tight sections where you barely fit between the trees. You can't go all that fast through it because it's SO tight, but you also can't help but have fun. I always find myself laughing and cursing at the same time.

The only thing I don't like about Mercer is that I keep getting flats from thorns!