Mountain Bikes For Life

Looking for buddies/partners to go mountain bike

Hi every one i am 15 years old and go mountain biking a lot usually downhill but also do XC if any one is in bergen county and wants to ride at high mountain preserve, Ringwood or mountain creek or maybe different trails add me and maybe we can meet up and ride thanks -James
    Giant Anthem X 29ER 0 With ODI Rouge Lock-On Grips
    Check Out My YouTube Channel

mtbr member
    May 2012
    check on meetup.com. they occasionally setup rides
    2007 Specialized FSR Comp
    2010 Jamis Trail XC
    2012 Superlight 29

mtbr member
    I'm going to sound like a parent for a minute, well, because I am one. Please be very cautious about how/what you post up on any forum or the whole www for that matter.

Although the mountain bike community is a great group of people, you never really know.
    Posting your age, especially a younger age, could draw out some people with less than admirable intentions. If you are anything like me and my friends growing up, you trust most adults and expect them to always do the right thing.

Unfortunately, itís a harsh reality of todayís world. I apologize for being a buzz kill, but I would be very concerned if my son or daughter posted what you had.

If you do decide on meeting up with someone you donít know, please make sure EVERYONE knows where you are and who (screen name) you are meeting up with.

In addition, there is an upcoming race where you can meet other riders your age. My daughter did her 1st one at KSVP earlier this year and had a BLAST!!! The link is below.
    Hilltop Grasshopper Kid's Race | JORBA - You Dig?

JORBA also has other organized social rides throughout the state and throughout the season. Take a look on their website for upcoming events.
    Nothing really witty to say..........

Mountain Bikes For Life
    ya i know what you mean i would not ride with someone i did not know unless some one else came with me like my brother who is 29 or people who were actually my age or close to it. about that race tho im in 10th grade and going to be 16 pretty soon can i still race or no
    Giant Anthem X 29ER 0 With ODI Rouge Lock-On Grips
    Check Out My YouTube Channel

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzRider View Post
    ya i know what you mean i would not ride with someone i did not know unless some one else came with me like my brother who is 29 or people who were actually my age or close to it. about that race tho im in 10th grade and going to be 16 pretty soon can i still race or no
    Good to hear!!!

The race is on Aug 18th (I believe), so if you are 15 YO at that point, have at it. No one checks ID's there to verify age anyway. Def a very cool vibe and a ton of fun. Check it out if you can. In addition, this is the only time (that I know of) where you can ride these trail legally. Typically, no MTB is allowed on them.
    Nothing really witty to say..........

lax
    mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    go to mtbnj.com and click on rides,races and events. I think theres a beginners ride every saturday around 12pm at Jungle Habitat in West Milford, NJ

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Ride safe. Have fun.

mtbr member
    yo hmu if you wanna ride,im going to high mountain in the am
    2009 Jamis Trail X2
    2002 Raleigh Mountain Scout
    2008 Trek fuel ex7

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    If you have a train station near you, you are allowed to bring a bike fastened with bungees on non-peak hours when there are less passengers provided the train platform is elevated. I don't know if this applies to you or you are willing to do it, but it is an option.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggie Hammond View Post
    I'm going to sound like a parent for a minute, well, because I am one. Please be very cautious about how/what you post up on any forum or the whole www for that matter.

Although the mountain bike community is a great group of people, you never really know.
    Posting your age, especially a younger age, could draw out some people with less than admirable intentions. If you are anything like me and my friends growing up, you trust most adults and expect them to always do the right thing.

Unfortunately, itís a harsh reality of todayís world. I apologize for being a buzz kill, but I would be very concerned if my son or daughter posted what you had.

If you do decide on meeting up with someone you donít know, please make sure EVERYONE knows where you are and who (screen name) you are meeting up with.

In addition, there is an upcoming race where you can meet other riders your age. My daughter did her 1st one at KSVP earlier this year and had a BLAST!!! The link is below.
    Hilltop Grasshopper Kid's Race | JORBA - You Dig?

JORBA also has other organized social rides throughout the state and throughout the season. Take a look on their website for upcoming events.
    +1.
    James, I am in Bergen Cty and nothing personal, but I will not ride with anyone under 18 unless their parent or sibling is with them. Not only because of the creep factor, but liability reasons. The last thing I want is someone getting hurt and a parent asking why I rode a certain trail that they would never let their kid ride. Your family knows your limits better than any stranger ever will.

Besides, the best times are shared with family. Bring them along.