'Tis but a scratch

Kittattiny Valley State Park

I decided to check this place out. Pretty nice! The map below is the best I found but not everything is on there. I found some pretty nice single track (white trail) down on the south end near 206 that was not mapped. Its off red triangle trail. This place is very "non-technical" compared to Allamuchy and some other north-jersey parks. But, it may be a good place to introduce a beginner. You have the Sussex Branch Rail Trail that runs right through and then there are some "real" mountain bike trails to explore that are not too difficult. I am not a beginner, but I do like diversity. So, it was worth my trip to go check it out. Just thought I'd share the positive vibes.

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandf...tatinnymap.pdf

Ghost Rider
    I agree with you huffster. This place has some nice trails. Did you climb up to the needle (Radio Tower)?

'Tis but a scratch

I did indeed...

I didn't realize it at first, but the climb was well worth it - bombing down the red trail.

Kittatiny Valley State Park - Mountain biking trip | EveryTrail
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kittattiny Valley State Park-tower.jpg  

Make some music
    Sep 2004

Good job! A great park...

For all it's own reasons..... Very lush in the summer with scenery like no other place around... Glad you had fun.
    J.O.R.B.A. More than just tm. WWW.JORBA.ORG

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    There are still some blow downs on the tower side of the park. I rode there today, it is like a motocross park for the MTB, I love it!

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I ride there often, its only 10minutes from my house. Trails range from easy to mediocre, nothing hard or technical..still alot of fun.