mtbr member

In the Jungle, the Mighty Jungle...

here's a link to some nice pics from jungle habitat over the week end

http://dbjjk.com/1/2009/03/03-14-09web/03-14-09.htm

It was a good day for me i ran 5 miles, road biked 17.5 miles, then went up to jungle habitat for some mtb

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    kinda late on this one.... but, how are the trails over at jungle habitat? i was just riding at ringwood out of lot c yesterday, pretty successful day of riding, it was only my second time there but i found a lot of new trails that i didn't stumble upon the first time. anyway i hear a lot of good things about jungle habitat, and also that it's a bit creepy with all the old buildings standing around, what are your thoughts?
    "The sound of a car door opening in front of you is similar to the sound of a gun being cocked."

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    The flavor and history of the place is quite cool. Great trails too New growth forrest tight single-track mixed with historic relics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    there were a little muddy, that said, after all the rain this week, i wish was going to the jungle this week end, but i am set for allamuchy come sunday

mtbr member
    that looks awesome and i have heard so many stories about the place including where the animals went lol and need to get up there.

btw that MB GPS program looks pretty sweet.. i have a GArmin 60cs that i used alot with my jeep and just got a bar mount for it and this looks like something i would like
    GT XCR 3000. not stock!

DH Racing= $$$
    May 2007
    Hopefully I can get up to the Jungle in the next few days, favorite place to ride.
    RockyMountainBikes/ KendaTires/ TroyLeeDesigns

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    do they have any downhill trails there, i heard it's mostly flat
    "The sound of a car door opening in front of you is similar to the sound of a gun being cocked."

DH Racing= $$$
    May 2007
    People have done DH shuttle runs there. One trail I could see it being worth it, but frankly it doesn't seem worth dragging a DH bike to go there & I love Downhill over XC.

Jungle is actually the only place i've found that is truly FUN on an XC bike (super tight, rocky, trees, speed, berms) Most of it is flat but there is a decent size hill on one side of the park. If I wasn't so worried about the mystical creatures roaming around, i'd probably do solo rides there.
    RockyMountainBikes/ KendaTires/ TroyLeeDesigns

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    haha exactly, i was thinking about going by myself one time but chickened out after i read a bit about it. im not really a full on downhiller, i like the type of curvy tech trails too, they have a few like that at ringwood.

mtbr member

fenceline is down hill

imho; fence line is downhill, enter park stay to right keep climbing past water tanks

bring pads, its mucho rocky

if you can't climb to meet your downhill fix, pay the two dollars and go to diablo, or windham ussually open in week ends

or build one of these

gloucester community college, nj

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    sweet teeter

mtbr member

gcc

more pics from south jersey's gloucester county college http://dbjjk.com/1/2009/04/04-17-09/04-16-09.htm

gcc had more bells and whistles, but camden county college was more rain friendly
    http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/8008718

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DownhillR3
    People have done DH shuttle runs there. One trail I could see it being worth it, but frankly it doesn't seem worth dragging a DH bike to go there & I love Downhill over XC.

Jungle is actually the only place i've found that is truly FUN on an XC bike (super tight, rocky, trees, speed, berms) Most of it is flat but there is a decent size hill on one side of the park. If I wasn't so worried about the mystical creatures roaming around, i'd probably do solo rides there.
    I solo there all the time, there are no creepy animals, besides the local highschool party population.

I wouldnt recommend night rides, due to the MASSIVE amount of bears in the area . Im not joking either! As for the trails, they all link together into a nice 7 mile loop, with some new stuff that we ( team town cycle) just cut in, theres some pretty challenging stuff and sometimes its just good to get lost. All roads lead to rome at JH so if your ever lost find a road and stay on it !
    Scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. ~ Nikola Tesla

mtbr member

nite riding in the jungle

some one posted aboout night riding at the jungle. it might be better to get familiar with the joint first as you may consider it small in size, but with its rocky nature, it could be dangerous. as this park in general is considered advanced by many (above a 'c' level anyway)

that being said, if you couple it with the fact that it is a defunct animal park with eroded asphalt walkways, broken birdcages and abandoned dumb trucks, imho go in daylight a few times, then bring da lights