'Tis but a scratch

Jungle Habitat - "trail nazi"

Went for a ride at Jungle Habitat today. I had been there a few days back and hit Rhino, but skipped Rhino's Horn. I decided to add it back in on today's ride. There is a tree down at the western entrance, but I humped the bike over it and continued on. As I progressed I discovered that some trail nazi had gone out with a saw and dropped at least 50 saplings into the trail all along this route. I spent a substantial amount of time clearing the trail. It is now rideable with the exception of that first tree on the western entrance. Not sure why someone chooses to do this, but hopefully it won't happen again.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I think It's because they are trying to Keep it Closed. I believe it actually strays off Park property. It's probably not a Jorba thing that doesn't really make sense to saw down trees. Maybe it's a Land owner or something? Next time you better bunny hop over that tree at the entrance Just watch out for the rock on the other side.

'Tis but a scratch
    Based on the maps I've reviewed, this is public land and is part of Long Pond Ironworks State Park. There is no posting of Private Property at all. Just seems so absurd that someone would destroy nature in an effort to keep mountain bikers from doing what...destroying nature???

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I hate Trail Nazis.