Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

JC Hoboken Weehawaken Riders

There were some people a few weeks back interested in sharing driving duties and trail knowledge - sound off.
    My Prediction?..............Pain

mtbr member
    Weehawken:

I ride weekends only now that it gets dark early. I don't ride very early 10-11AM start times, unless i'm feeling unusually motivated. I'm intermediate. I am familiar with Allamuchy, Kittatiny, Mahlon Dickerson, and Blue Mountain. I am not too familiar yet, but am interested an in the process of trying to get more familiar with Ringwood/Ramapo, and Wawayanda.

I have an extra spot in my car but that is usually taken by my GF. Unless you have a roof rack bike mount to bring along i won't be able to offer transportation.

I also frequent Hoboken for nights. I would like to meet some other riders that go out for drinks, and ride, and live to tell about it. If anyone has a significant other that rides too, that would be really cool.

mtbr member
    I know ringwood fairly well and have been starting from the Middle school which I like a lot better then starting from Skylands unless you are looking to hit the race course.

I have roof racks for 2 and could probably fit another bike in the back.
    Maybe we could meet in the parking lot of one of the areas and see how it works out and go from there.

FYI, looking to do a ride this sunday - leaving town by 11 and be back by 4. Probably will hit Ringwood / middle school and do a 7-10 mile ride.

Chronic Hucker
    Feb 2007
    Clubber - I am looking to do a ride at ringwood about that same time tomorrow. I would consider myself an intermediate to advanced rider. Mind if I tag along with you? Also, can you post up some directions or a location of the middle school, I am more familiar with the inside parking areas.
    [SIZE=3]Make Yourself
    [SIZE=1]enjoy the ride[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    I'm going Sunday and have no problem showing you what I know but not riding tomorrow- I'll PM you directions to the Middle School.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by idbrian
    Weehawken:

I ride weekends only now that it gets dark early. I don't ride very early 10-11AM start times, unless i'm feeling unusually motivated. I'm intermediate. I am familiar with Allamuchy, Kittatiny, Mahlon Dickerson, and Blue Mountain. I am not too familiar yet, but am interested an in the process of trying to get more familiar with Ringwood/Ramapo, and Wawayanda.

I have an extra spot in my car but that is usually taken by my GF. Unless you have a roof rack bike mount to bring along i won't be able to offer transportation.

I also frequent Hoboken for nights. I would like to meet some other riders that go out for drinks, and ride, and live to tell about it. If anyone has a significant other that rides too, that would be really cool.
    That sounds good. I'm in JC and I know Hartshorne and Allaire really well. I wouldn't mind having a few drinks and sharing stories. My g/f would also like to come out. Keep me posted and we can party it up
    "hit hard, hit fast, hit often HOOAH!!!!"

Blog of mine: http://mtnsprts.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Want to try to schedule a ride for the weekend of 10/13 - 10/14?

like I said, I can show around Ringwood but would be up for checking out some other areas.

mtbr member
    I'll be around that weekend, as well as this upcoming Sunday. I am mainly interested in Blue, Allamuchy, Wawa and Ringwood/Ramapo if it is dry. If it gets wet; Allaire or Harsthorne. If you guys are interested in keeping an easier pace, i'm in.

mtbr member
    How do you get to Blue? I went through the city (as I was picking up a friend) and it was a nighmare. Great spot but such a hassle to get to.

Chronic Hucker
    Feb 2007
    You can get to blue mountain by going up the Palisades Parkway, going across the Hudson and then coming back down south on route 6/202.
    See map. http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Peeksk...i=map&ct=title

FYI: I have never been up there but have heard really good things about the place. Should take about an hour to get there from North Jersey
    [SIZE=3]Make Yourself

[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    I go the way Iron Horse said, over the Bear Mountain bridge. It takes about an hour from Hoboken. I can get around the place pretty well. It is the the most fun place i have ever ridden.

mtbr member
    Definetly a very cool spot and well worth checking out. Not a ton of pure milage but what is there is fast, flowy singletrack that is very well laid out. Also a lot less rocky then Ringwood and much easier to navigate with their map.

http://www.wmba.org/PDF/Blue_Mountain_map_rev2.pdf

mtbr member
    If Ringwood is much more rocky than Blue, i know much less of Ringwood than i thought.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by idbrian
    If Ringwood is much more rocky than Blue, i know much less of Ringwood than i thought.
    Yellow trail my friend. It's like a glacier came through just last week.

mtbr member
    yellow trail where? is that a good thing or a bad thing?

sorry - not up on MTB slang yet.

mtbr member
    That's Cannonball right. I tried that trail from Skyline and found it very confusing. It seemed to go from too easy to extremely difficult. I don't think i went far enough along it to find the good stuff. It also didn't look like it was traveled often. I went on a Sunday when it was 95 and extremely humid. I learned that there are days that it gets too hot to ride, and why the parking lot was empty.

Chronic Hucker
    Feb 2007
    Anybody going out for a ride this sat or sun up at ringwood?
    [SIZE=3]Make Yourself

[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    I'll ride somewhere Sunday, i'm open.

mtbr member
    Would love to check out that Cannonball trail - sounds like it would be best if you can leave a car down in oakland and motor back up - would just need a few drivers and a guide.

Chronic Hucker
    Feb 2007
    I have done the "Ramapo Shuttle" many times...one car down by the soccer field in Oakland, one up at the top parking lot on Skyline dr. If I don't ride up to the castle it works out to exactly 4 miles which I have been able to cover in about 22 minutes. If anyone wants we can certainly do that this weekend, I can get two bikes on my roof and one in the back for shuttling.. although whoever sits in the back won't be too comfy. The trail is pretty good, some nice technical stuff to pick through, although I have not found any man made features. There is a bmx course down by the soccer field but the jumps are either dilapidated or just dangerous.
    [SIZE=3]Make Yourself

[/SIZE]

Chronic Hucker
    Feb 2007
    Let me know if anybody wants to do Ramapo either Sat or Sunday, I will be happy to guide. Saturday I can go around 1 or so, Sunday about 10.
    [SIZE=3]Make Yourself

[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Can't do it this weekend but would definetly be up for it next weekend.

I can fit 3 bikes and three riders for sure and could possibly squeeze 4 & 4.

Is it serious DH stuff or more like agressive XC?

Chronic Hucker
    Feb 2007
    It is not DH at all, aggressive XC/ AM is an apt title. I rode for years there on an old hardtail with a 2" fork on it and was fine. The trails are just like Ringwood, the only difference being there is an easy way to use a car to get up the mountain instead of having to power yourself.
    [SIZE=3]Make Yourself

[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Anyone interested in trying to get a Cannonball shuttle going this weekend? Like I said I think I can squeeze 4 bikes and 4 people for the shuttling.

If not, I think i'm going to hit up blue mountain if anyone wants to meet up in the lot there.

mtbr member
    I need to get back to Blue. I think i should have room for one more if need be. What type of pace would you be riding?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast