Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

Great ride at Six Mile

Rode Six Mile for the first time today with a great group of people. With all the rain,mud, and river crossings it was still a great time...
    "hit hard, hit fast, hit often HOOAH!!!!"

Blog of mine: http://mtnsprts.blogspot.com

i want spring!

Boomers and hail

Quote Originally Posted by pdm362
    Rode Six Mile for the first time today with a great group of people. With all the rain,mud, and river crossings it was still a great time...
    Yea it was fun to ride wit new people and to share yer park wit other people. Despite it being very slick, it offered an additional challenge tonight. Come back when it's a lil dryer and we have more time to rid eht other side as well.

~Db
    Check out all these mountain biking t-shirts, hats, sweatshirts by Trail Hog today!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

thanks again

Thanks again to all of you guys. I had a great time and look forward to riding with you all again. I hope next time there is just a little less mud and water.
    Shannon

JORBA: Six Mile Run
    Great ride last night! Hail, pouring rain, falling trees, mud, overflowing streams. It was a fun group and I'm glad everyone made it out, despite the weather. We'll do it again when its dry. Like Dirty Bert said, it was fun showing you all the trails. Fun stuff.............
    Last edited by Wobbegong; 08-18-2007 at 04:27 AM.
    JORBA: Six Mile Run Chapter. Sixmile at jorba dot org

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I was thinking about you guys last night. I live in B'water and around 3pm the sky opened up and flooded 202 in a matter of minutes. I would have bet the farm there was gonna be no ride at 6 mile. Good for you though. Glad you had a good time.
    BTW, I went to the doc for a shot for poison ivy rash I picked up last Saturday while riding there. Some day soon I've got to figure out what that stuff looks like, cause I'm real allergic to it!

The Yard Sale King.

Wow

You all rode yesterday?!?! I was thinking about joining the fun, but when I saw the weather in turn horribly bad around 3, I was like - oh no no no.

Glad you all had fun - hopefully I'll catch up with you next time.

Anyone interested in riding Chimney Rock or Six Mile tomorrow AM (like 10ish)?

Tomorrow meaning Sunday.....
    Last edited by tommyjay; 08-18-2007 at 06:28 AM.

mtbnj.com
    I made the attempt to ride with you guys, I thought leaving my house at 5 would give me more than enough time to get there buy 6. When I got to rt18, it was a parking lot, in both directions. Even the secret side roads out to Rt 1 were all jammed up. Then, round 2 of the storms came and I said F it, maybe next time.

Glad you all had a good time, its just going to take 6 mile about 6 months to dry out now.
    You guys live or plan on coming to New Jersey, check out mtbnj.com

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Yeah, the flooded out river crossing was great! A big thanks to wobbegong and dirty bert for showing us the way. I can't wait to get back out there again when it's dry.
    I love my mtb. It helps me see the world in beautiful colors. Like brown, blue, brown, blue, brown, blue...

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by walter
    Glad you all had a good time, its just going to take 6 mile about 6 months to dry out now.
    I was there today and if not for the few unavoidable mud puddle crossings, it wasn't bad. Even the water crossings were at normal level. A few trees were laying down. Instead of a water bottle cage I could have used a chainsaw holster.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    WOW TommyJay got it right! I can't belive everyone went out last night! It's usually prety bad there in the Spring with the thaw and rain. Most of thtetime unridable and trail damaging. But I'm glad everyone had a great time! Nice to get new people into the woods. Everytime I'm out there with my frieds, it's hard to believe that we're still in Jeresy in the there. Anyway, since it's had time to dry off, I waas thining a little earlier tomorrow, something like 9:00 but who knows. Any takers? If not Everyone....Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!!

mtbr member
    whens the next time we can hit up six mile when its dry? I was impressed when it was wet looking foward to going back

Paul

i want spring!

Stink Mile Park

Quote Originally Posted by pdm362
    whens the next time we can hit up six mile when its dry? I was impressed when it was wet looking foward to going back

Paul
    i was there yesterday. the trails were nice, a lil moist but much better traction. we got to cross the non roaring rapids. just wished i could have biked more. Gonna get lights so I can stay out later than 8.

meet me there next week!

Db
    Check out all these mountain biking t-shirts, hats, sweatshirts by Trail Hog today!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I'll be around this weekend.
    I love my mtb. It helps me see the world in beautiful colors. Like brown, blue, brown, blue, brown, blue...

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Fast and dry

Just road Six mile and it was great. Had a wonderful guide and boy was he fast. We did 12 miles of some great singletrack. Most of it was dry with very few slick spots.
    TeamBulldog.com Cyclecraft.com Mtbnj.com JORBA.org

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

This weekend

I will be around all weekend as well. The weather is going to be perfect for riding. LEt me know if anyone wants to meet up anywhere (6 mile, mercer, allaire and anywhere else)
    Shannon

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

riding Friday 400pm aug 31

Riding with RosyRambler after work on Friday. Beginner/sport pace with redos of the "fun" stuff. Meeting at the 27 field. xposting on mtbnj.com. NJ Jess
    TeamBulldog.com Cyclecraft.com Mtbnj.com JORBA.org

i want spring!
    what time is after work for you?

~Db

The Yard Sale King.

Aug 31 12:30-1:00

I was planning to ride today (either Six Mile or Chimney Rock) today just after lunch time (like 1ish) if anyone is interested. I usually ride at a relatively laid back easy to moderate pace, but am willing to adjust (within my cardio ability) to suit.

Let me know if you're interested.

Still on for today at 4???

The Yard Sale King.

Guess I'll try again

Just got back from Chimney rock. Great ride - trails are in excellent shape, and I pretty much had the place to myself.

Rode the blue loop perimeter, the red loop perimeter, took the white trail over to the park, picked up the short piece of yellow to Gilbride, rode across the top of the orange trail, down the switchback, and then back up to the red and did most of the perimeter loop again.

I hope to be able to make it to one of the group rides soon. My schedule isn't the most flexible between work and home though.

Waited until 4:15, then headed out solo. Maybe next time we'll get something together.

Trails are in fantastic condition.

JORBA
    will be headed there on monday....is anyone going then? Time is not inked yet so we may be flexible.
    Frank Harms
    JORBA President
    frank at jorba.org

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I'll be around. What kind of pace are you going for?

I should be able to make a Monday ride, post up a time and that works.

mtbr member
    I can ride on Monday but it has to be around 7:30-8:00... I can pretty much ride anywhere as long as its a pretty good group. Allaire would be nice to get a few hours of riding in. But I would like to ride with a group.

Paul

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast