mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Great deal: Small Swiss Army Messenger Bags $10 (Dover)

Every Sunday till the end of the November the Dover Flea Market, in Dover, Morris County operates. Last week my brother picked up a great Swiss Army Messenger bag from there for $10, it is a smallish size though, but that is a plus to us because we have bookbags for bigger loads and I have a trunkbag. It is also something that would be good for running/hiking if you want something small to hold a water bottle, your cell, a map, a snack and a compass, etc. We used it yesterday when we went for a run in Hedden Park and it was much less cumbersome than a bookbag. The vendor that sold it was located on East Blackwell Street.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyFokker
    Every Sunday till the end of the November the Dover Flea Market, in Dover, Morris County operates. Last week my brother picked up a great Swiss Army Messenger bag from there for $10, it is a smallish size though, but that is a plus to us because we have bookbags for bigger loads and I have a trunkbag. It is also something that would be good for running/hiking if you want something small to hold a water bottle, your cell, a map, a snack and a compass, etc. We used it yesterday when we went for a run in Hedden Park and it was much less cumbersome than a bookbag. The vendor that sold it was located on East Blackwell Street.
    Like this...

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    No, it is much less dorky, and it has a padded back designed to rest on your back(like a small more comfortable bookbag with only one diagonal strap), it is totally unlike the side messenger bag you posted:
    Victorinox Swiss Army - Tear Drop Mono Sling

On most websites it retails for $38. I wanted to snatch one up yesterday, but I came to the flea market late at 3:30 and I guess by that time the vendor with it packed off to leave(the whole market is suppossed to close at 4).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyFokker
    No, it is much less dorky, and it has a padded back designed to rest on your back(like a small more comfortable bookbag with only one diagonal strap), it is totally unlike the side messenger bag you posted:
    I was just teasing with my picture...