mtbr member

Good riding near Blairstown(XC ST preferred)

Will be in Blairstown area for Thanksgiving. Back in the nineties when I worked in Morris Plains, I used to ride Lewis-Morris, Allamuchy, or out in the Water gap area. Anything newer I should consider riding?

Thanks

mtbr member
    If Sandy is really an indication of what's to come for the following weeks, you might be better off skiing, but during last year's mild Nov I hit Wawayanda, ride safe and watch out for loose limbs dangling from trees.

surly and rigid
    Apr 2004
    I think trees on the trails will be a problem for a few weeks. Allamuchy is still amazing and there is Deer Park, Stephens, or you could ride all three. I would look for trail condition updates on the boards to judge which park is in the best shape after the storm.

mtbr member
    I'll be in Blairstown also for thanksgiving, when we stay there for a few days I always make time to ride Allumuchy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fourtango View Post
    I'll be in Blairstown also for thanksgiving, when we stay there for a few days I always make time to ride Allumuchy.
    Although I've only seen Deer Park as of yet, I would assume Allamuchy and Stephens will be about the same....a mess. Once we get the green light from the state, there should be an aggressive effort of TM in all three parks.

I can attest that Deer Park is about 60% open.
    Nothing really witty to say..........