• 01-02-2013
    sburck
    Good riding in Bergan County (mahwah)
    Well I'm going to be moving down for a job that I got in Mahwah and was wondering how the riding is around there. There's a whole lotta green woody looking stuff on the sat. photos on google maps just west of Mahwah. Any good riding?
  • 01-02-2013
    huffster
    We just did this a couple weeks ago for someone else. See posts and responses below. I think the NY post got more detail. So, check them both out. There is plenty of good riding. A little tough right now in north NJ due to snow cover, but plenty to ride when it melts.

Bergen county itself doesn't have much, but you are minutes from Ramapo State Forest, Ringwood, Jungle Habitat, Wawayanda SP which are Passaic County. Lots of fun there. :thumbsup:

http://forums.mtbr.com/new-jersey/he...ok-828718.html

http://forums.mtbr.com/new-york/help...ok-828719.html
  • 01-03-2013
    ivanovnv
    Get in touch with me for more, but here are a few places. I live in Mahwah, NJ, so I know the area. Best riding places are: Ringwood and West Milford (Jungle Habitat). They are approximately 20-30 minutes from Mahwah. If you go up north in NY, exit 17, there is Stewart Airport with a nice surrounding areas. In general, there are quite a few really good places for mountain biking, but be aware, most of them are for advanced intermediate to advanced. There are also places for road biking.
  • 01-04-2013
    Tracer650
    Don't worry there are plenty of great trails in the area. I have a bike shop in Wyckoff not far from mahwah. Come say hi if your near by.- Mike
  • 01-04-2013
    aedubber
    Theres plenty , just have your balls ready :P
  • 01-05-2013
    danglingmanhood
    As the other posters have said there is plenty of riding in the immediate vicinity.Yesterday my friends and I actually did several dh shuttles in the snow off of Skyline Dr, which is located on the border of Bergen and Passaic Counties and 10-15min from Mahwah.
  • 01-17-2013
    jagilmo2
    any of these downhill trails/shuttleable?
  • 01-18-2013
    danglingmanhood
    Perhaps you didn't read the post above.