mosquito magnet
    Mar 2007

Getting to Diablo from Airport

I think I will be up in Newark on a business trip on the 30th, I am planning on staying an extra day and go ride Diablo. Is there a way to get there by public transport, or do I just need to rent a car?
    I can rent one, just trying to avoid the hassle if possible.
    I have never been to a resort where you rent the bikes, the IR they have there will be fine I am sure, but I have always heard horror stories about how the helmets stink at places like that (Whistler), should I just bring my own helmet and pads, or will their's be half way clean?
    I'm not a germ-a-phobe but putting other people's stink over my head does kinda gross me out.
    Thanks for the help.
    aka PaperStreetSoapCo

Build first, ask questions later.

lotto baby
    don't know about the helmet thing... personally, i'd bring my own if it isn't too much of a hassle.

i'd rent a car to get to diablo. there's very thin public transportation out that way.
    i spurt in the wind, and the wind drug it

pro
    mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Or you could hitch hike. I'm sure someone would pick up a guy wearing a suit, full face helmet and pads.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

go post this

on Mtbnj.com

Maybe one of the locals can help you out. ps,..their rentals are well maintained on a daily basis. Rental pads,...good,..especially since its June and not October.
    TeamBulldog.com Cyclecraft.com Mtbnj.com JORBA.org

banned