banned

Flat Tyres is sad to report.............

I guess summer is here because I have had 2 beach cruisers stolen over the last two weeks. I dont expect to get either back, but one of them is unique enough that I might spot it around town.

The only good that can come from the loss a great bike would be to prevent this from happening to someone else. Remember to LOCK your bikes, neither of mine were.

One of my bikes was a real gem - no grips, lots of rust, never though I'd see it go. My other bike was a loaner from a friend so it will hurt the pocket a little more.

If anyone in Ocean/Monmouth area has an ol' beater of a cruiser - I'm lookin for one. Otherwise - everyone have a great holiday weekend.

mtbr member
    May 2007

I hate thieves.

Hopefully whoever stole it cuts themselves on the rusty metal and requires a tetanus shot. It would also be cool if they got bitten by a rabid squrrel and needed to get rabies shots, too. Good luck finding the replacements.
    I love my mtb. It helps me see the world in beautiful colors. Like brown, blue, brown, blue, brown, blue...

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    in bound brook we have a pretty bad illegal immigrant problem and it makes me so mad to see people riding around on obviously stolen bikes. just yesterday i was going to the super market and saw a guy riding around on a cannondale headshock. and flat tyres good luck getting your bikes back

lotto baby
    dude bike theft is a major bummer. i had my first mtn bike stripped while i was in college. i left it locked to a bike rack, and all that was left when i came back to it was a front tire and a frame. being so poor in school, it left me bikeless for a long time.

i hope you come across your bikes.
    i spurt in the wind, and the wind drug it

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smalbikpro
    in bound brook we have a pretty bad illegal immigrant problem and it makes me so mad to see people riding around on obviously stolen bikes. just yesterday i was going to the super market and saw a guy riding around on a cannondale headshock. and flat tyres good luck getting your bikes back

Stealing the bikes Americans won't steal?
    Last edited by Allamuchy Joe; 07-03-2007 at 07:59 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Long as the pink ride didnt get stolen all is good. The one I borrowed that day got swiped too? From where?

it's just baby phat..
    yeah those darn illegals.. i better be careful the next time i ride my niner or 6 pack or racer x to the store.. i'll be sure to get dirty looks because i must have stolen them!

i find it amazing that you assume that someone that doesn't have legal status in this country is responsible for the bike thefts in bound brook. sad.

flat tyres- sorry about your loss. i have had bikes stolen and i know how it feels.

colombian born phat guy

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by phatbiker
    yeah those darn illegals.....colombian born phat guy
    Yea, I didnt imply that at all............more like tourists out on a tear.

Surfrider: Orange Chincoteaque Cruiser, nailed at the Patio Bar............

Until I replace I am seriously riding a Next.....

mtbr member
    there is no need to point out immigrants or races, but you can tell when someone is riding a $3000 mountain bike that is out of their budget and doesn't match their style of riding. we don't need to be that PC.

if i see a taped up expensive looking mountain bike, with a taped up fork, with nice components and disk brakes, i think i know what's up.

it's just baby phat..
    Quote Originally Posted by idbrian
    there is no need to point out immigrants or races, but you can tell when someone is riding a $3000 mountain bike that is out of their budget and doesn't match their style of riding. we don't need to be that PC.

if i see a taped up expensive looking mountain bike, with a taped up fork, with nice components and disk brakes, i think i know what's up.
    you guys miss the point. this is not about being politically correct or not. i'll explain, i use to live in millburn..nice town. i often saw big dollar bikes that were being ridden around by kids that had no idea what they were riding.. riding style?? yeah right.. so they must have been stolen also?? how is this different? I TAKE HUGE OFFENSE that you or anyone implies that you have to "look" like you are a biker to have a nice bike..or at least not be LAH TEE NO.

if i had a dollar for every time someone judged me by my appearance before they actually rode with me i might have a pretty nice retirement fund.

fat tyres- i know you didn't imply anything. it was one of the replies that got me going.

nelson

mtbr member
    you guys miss the point. this is not about being politically correct or not. i'll explain, i use to live in millburn..nice town. i often saw big dollar bikes that were being ridden around by kids that had no idea what they were riding.. riding style?? yeah right.. so they must have been stolen also?? how is this different? I TAKE HUGE OFFENSE that you or anyone implies that you have to "look" like you are a biker to have a nice bike..or at least not be LAH TEE NO.

if i had a dollar for every time someone judged me by my appearance before they actually rode with me i might have a pretty nice retirement fund.

fat tyres- i know you didn't imply anything. it was one of the replies that got me going.

nelson

To borrow a line from Stripes, Lighten Up, Francis!

mtbr member
    I TAKE HUGE OFFENSE that you or anyone implies that you have to "look" like you are a biker to have a nice bike..or at least not be LAH TEE NO.
    I like how you spun my reply back into a racial thing. Good work.

If i saw what looked like a homeless person riding a $3K mountain bike i would assume it was stolen, or was stolen somewhere in the process of it ending up in his possession.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    illegal immigrant = latino? What if he was referring to African, Asian, Arabic or even white illegal immigrants. They could've been Canadian illegals he saw, eh? Using stereotypes is dumb, no matter WHO does it.
    I love my mtb. It helps me see the world in beautiful colors. Like brown, blue, brown, blue, brown, blue...

banned
    I did mention that these bikes were gems, right.................

Lets not ruin each other's weekends................

BTW.........I'm leavin work early to ride a bike to a bar,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

See ya!!!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    If you're legal in this country you shouldn't have a reason to be offended.

If you're here illegally, hit the road jack. (and don't ya come back, no more, no more)

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Sorry, pot-stirrer here. Enjoy your ride today, flat...

JORBA
    Quote Originally Posted by Allamuchy Joe
    To borrow a line from Stripes, Lighten Up, Francis!

If any of you call me Francis.....I'll kill ya !
    Frank Harms
    JORBA President
    frank at jorba.org

FIX IT YOURSELF

... and if we just ...

Yeah Man!!! LOL
    Eye Am In The Meat !!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Some cant see the light...

nelson
    Hey Phat,

Dont take the narrow minded internet bikers so seriously! If they cant see beyone the keyboard and formulate an original thought on a subject, rather than just jumping on the band wagon, or joining in the feeding frenzy...screw um!

This is a prime example of what is wrong and useless about the internet and boards such as this...at least in my non-important view.

Hey I am a middle class white guy and I took offense to the way the "illigal" issue was thrown about...poor taste in my book, but hey thats just me.

Flat tyres - sorry about the biles, totally sucks!!!

Oh yeah, in the words of Ryder X...let the flaming begin (or in this case continue!)!

Bob W.
    Last edited by Bob W; 07-05-2007 at 04:13 PM. Reason: typos

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    You'd think that the Rio Grande swimmin', welfare cheatin', no tax paying bike thieves would know enough not to make their stolen rides so obvious. By wrapping them in duct tape and spraying them black just draws more attention to the stolen property. What do they expect us upright/uptight citizens to think ,"That they're with the Special Forces or Homeland security special ops" ?
    "In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the bikes".

I'm Idaho!
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by RyderX
    You'd think that the Rio Grande swimmin', welfare cheatin', no tax paying bike thieves would know enough not to make their stolen rides so obvious. By wrapping them in duct tape and spraying them black just draws more attention to the stolen property. What do they expect us upright/uptight citizens to think ,"That they're with the Special Forces or Homeland security special ops" ?
    "In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the bikes".
    This post reminds me of this YouTube video I saw a few months ago. A few homeless guys were sitting on a curb outside some fast food place. The guy making the video is in his car and calls the fast food joint and asks for the manager. He says he's the police chief and they have 3 undercover guys posing as homeless guys outside the store and if he would bring some food out to them, just put it on the curb next to them and say nothing. Well the guy does it and the 3 homeless guys bag a free meal out of the deal. Funny video.

Anyway Flat Tyres, sorry those ****s or whatever minority it was mowed your lawn or built you a patio or whatever happened.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Politically Correct nonsense

nelson

No, you are not being politically correct at all. Comparing a central american guy that rides a 2,000 bike on the wrong side of the road in jeans and workboots with a child of privilege in Millburn; one of the most expensive places to live in New Jersey where the median household income is well over six figures breaks at least three philosophical -argument fallacies off the top of my head.
    Let's stop the PC nonsense and talk frankly, we will all be better off in the long run.

it's just baby phat..
    Quote Originally Posted by Philo Beddoe
    No, you are not being politically correct at all. Comparing a central american guy that rides a 2,000 bike on the wrong side of the road in jeans and workboots with a child of privilege in Millburn; one of the most expensive places to live in New Jersey where the median household income is well over six figures breaks at least three philosophical -argument fallacies off the top of my head.
    Let's stop the PC nonsense and talk frankly, we will all be better off in the long run.
    you're kidding right? the way i read this entire thread was that flat tyre's not so nice bikes were stolen and someone steps in and said that they are sorry and that they have a pretty bad illegal immigration problem in his town. i simply question what one thing has to do with the other. nobody ever said that they witnessed an illegal immigrant on one of these "gems".

i happen to look like i could be from central america.. i ride on the sidewalk sometimes.. and i even wear workboots sometimes! so does that make me look suspicious? do people drive by and say.. "i bet that he stole that bike"? if they do then it just makes me shake my head.. one the other hand, i have been told that i ride my bikes as if i had stolen them!

look.. i am simply stating my view that it's not good policy to assume you're guilty of aquiring anything illegally based solely on one's appearance.

flat tyres- i am really sorry about the thread high jack.

nelson
    Last edited by phatbiker; 07-08-2007 at 03:04 PM.

dragonfly
    yeah i live in somerset and i wanted to bike to the bound brook train station to commute to work but i KNOW my cannondale f600 would be gone at the of the day. bikes are worth more than cars there i think