mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Final Round Valley Question

Maurice told me that when you're following the Cushetunk Trail in Round Valley Recreation Area, somewhere near the "Trail Closed" sign, there is a trail that branches off of the Cushetunk Trail and joins the super-steep wall. Where exactly is this trail?

Brian

FIX IT YOURSELF
    Did you try looking for the trail yet?
    Eye Am In The Meat !!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I was up at Round Valley yesterday with the same concern after seeing all the posts saying that the trails were closed. I rode the same course that the King of the Hill races are on and i didnt see a single sign about trails closed. The only sign i did see was a no trespassing sign to warn hunters, fishers, etc...

I rode the trail that heads out from the parking lot towards the downhill with the switchbacks and then out into the open by the road and then the whole outer loop and half fireroad on the way back.

Trails were in such great condition that i decided to do the loop twice, hahaha. Talk about asking for pain with all that climbing.

I also passed quite a few park rangers and workers and they waved and didnt bat an eye so if you know the trails i was riding then i think your fine riding there.

smo