Thread: Ewing, NJ

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Ewing, NJ

I'm going to be in Ewing NJ in two weeks for about a week. Any ride suggestions?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Though I've never been there, I know you will be very close to Mercer County Park. I'm sure someone with more knowledge of the area will chime in soon.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Check out 6 Mile.
    More info on Jersey riding here: www.mtbnj.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Hi, I live in Ewing. Depends on what type of riding you like and how far you want to go. The closest riding is Bald Pate Mountain/Washington Crossing Park off Route 29. Bald Pate is a lot of long climbs and good downhills. I haven't fully explored it yet. Washington Crossing is right next to Bald Pate and has a nice mix of trails although most of them are "off-limits" to bikers. I realy enjoy both these areas. I ride up the Delaware &Raritan Canal Towpath from Ewing to these parks and can get 15 to 20 miles easy. Mercer County Park in Hamilton is about 20-25 minutes away and is basically flat but has a fairly extensive trail network, pretty fun but not too hard. I haven't checked out 6 mile run in South Brunswick (40-45 minutes depending on traffic) but it is supposed to be a lot of fun with a lot of technical stuff. Clayton Park is in Imlaystown NJ (25-30 minutes). It is fast with a lot of up and downs, pretty fun.

Hope this helps.

Bob
    It's all good

FIX IT YOURSELF
    Just go to 6 Mile...You want crazy flow thru some tight singletrack...This is where you should be...Mercer is washed up
    Eye Am In The Meat !!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Thank you!

Cool. Thank you for the replies!

mnk
    mtbr member
    Oct 2008

i'd recommend bald pate.

6 mile is great, too, but much further.
    bald pate is 12 minutes away. awesome riding. just remember the area off church lane is closed during hunting season except for sundays. so if you'll go there, do not go into the part by church lane.

Shred all that can be
    Quote Originally Posted by BNorth
    Hi, I live in Ewing. Depends on what type of riding you like and how far you want to go. The closest riding is Bald Pate Mountain/Washington Crossing Park off Route 29. Bald Pate is a lot of long climbs and good downhills. I haven't fully explored it yet. Washington Crossing is right next to Bald Pate and has a nice mix of trails although most of them are "off-limits" to bikers. I realy enjoy both these areas. I ride up the Delaware &Raritan Canal Towpath from Ewing to these parks and can get 15 to 20 miles easy. Mercer County Park in Hamilton is about 20-25 minutes away and is basically flat but has a fairly extensive trail network, pretty fun but not too hard. I haven't checked out 6 mile run in South Brunswick (40-45 minutes depending on traffic) but it is supposed to be a lot of fun with a lot of technical stuff. Clayton Park is in Imlaystown NJ (25-30 minutes). It is fast with a lot of up and downs, pretty fun.

Hope this helps.

Bob
    WHAAAAAAT. There is another bike riding Bob In Ewing N.J..... Get....outa.....here. And have you (Bob) been to the farm at the top of Baldpate? It's beautiful up there, It's almost as if you don't realize your in Central Jersey.
    "This sticker is dangerous and inconvienent, but I do love Fig Newtons"

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I guess there must be another mtb'ing Bob in Ewing. Yes, the view from the top of Baldpate makes the climb worth every second of windsucking agony ( I am basically a newb and somewhat out of shape).
    It's all good

mtbr member
    6 mile....no doubt about it!