mtbr member
    Dec 2011

Ever ride Crystal lake park in Burl Co?

So I was pretty sure there weren't any decent trails in close proximity to my house until yesterday.

I went out on a limb and decided to head to crystal lake park for a short ride. Its about 5 miles from my house and I only had about 1.5 hours to burn.

I did some forum searching with little to no results and looked up maps before leaving and granted there aren't many miles worth of trails but its a lot different than most places I'm familiar with in this part of NJ, as in there are hills. Not big ones, not steep ones, just hills and quite a few of them. I'm still pretty new and my stamina is still low but I think this might become my go to spot for a while. I was in the woods for about an hour and rode almost every trail. That said there were a few I would have liked to try again (hopefully not on foot this time) or in reverse. Even got some nice air in one spot (my old bmx spirit).

If you're really close its worth a try.

Oh and next time I go, maybe today, I'll take along the go pro for some trail shots.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I went back again today for about an hour of riding. I strapped the gopro on this time and let it shoot pics the whole ride. There are a couple of decent trail shots that I was trying to upload but for some reason it isn't letting me. Maybe my noob status. I'll work on getting them up. But really not bad place to have 5 miles away. I could use some climbing excercise in my routine and I don't really get that at mercer which is where I've been going most often (close to work).

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Thanks for the tip. Im just a couple miles away, new to the area and looking for some spots closer than Neshaminy. Where do you park and is it easy to find the trail head?

View Larger Map

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Theres a park entrance on axe factory road and there is a parking lot just down the dirt road a piece. They have signs up with the trail maps at the lot and a few places in the woods. I don't usually get turned around but its a pretty small property and the trails go in a lot of circles and before long I'd find myself confused. But like I said before not many miles of trails but worth checking out if you're local. Maybe I'll run into you there someday

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Might try to check it out tomorrow. Thanks for the tip!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    is this the place?
    County Parks - Crystal Lake Park
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ever ride Crystal lake park in Burl Co?-crystalmap.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Yup sure is. Berg did you ever go check it out?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Hair Face View Post
    Yup sure is. Berg did you ever go check it out?
    Yea went over there today. A little muddy/slick fom he snow but nothing too bad. like you said, worth the trip if you want to get quick ride in and live close by. Lots of ups and downs and easy to make a nice little loop.Thanks again for posting about it. Im sure you'll see me over there sometime; ill likely be on a blue Kona Steely,unless i want to give my DH bike some winter attention for once.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Cool glad you like it, I would have felt bad if you went and came back and said are you nuts that place sucks. lol. Anyways I'll keep an eye out for you. I ride a specialized epic. If you wanna meet up for a ride one day let me know. I'm not sure what kind of Rider you are but I'm not a crazy fast rider.