mtbr member
    May 2004

Endurance MTB Races

Since I can't race at Allamuchy this year I am looking for pain elsewhere. One race I have been looking at is the Wilderness 101 on Saturday Aug 4th, 2007, in State College, PA. It looks like a single lap of 101 miles(?). I saw a few familiar names including Brian Lariviere of Bulldog/Campmor who finished 9th in 8:21:02. Many finishers finished within 12 hours. It would be painful but could be fun.

I also am interested in the 24 Hours of Seven Springs. I grew up skiing there but I can't find much info. I think Jessica raced there last year after Mooch. How was it Jess?

Any other suggestions in our area?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Allamuchy?

I guess you are talking abou the 24 hr race? If so, there is a small race on Oct 6th that might be of intrest...called All-A-Muchy (50K) and its big brother More-A-Muchy (100K). The first being one lap and the second being two laps. A total of 5,200 feet of climbing per lap.

Registration wil be opening soon on www.bikereg.com! Stay tuned...

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Seven Springs!

Quote Originally Posted by hammarhead
    Since I can't race at Allamuchy this year I am looking for pain elsewhere. One race I have been looking at is the Wilderness 101 on Saturday Aug 4th, 2007, in State College, PA. It looks like a single lap of 101 miles(?). I saw a few familiar names including Brian Lariviere of Bulldog/Campmor who finished 9th in 8:21:02. Many finishers finished within 12 hours. It would be painful but could be fun.

I also am interested in the 24 Hours of Seven Springs. I grew up skiing there but I can't find much info. I think Jessica raced there last year after Mooch. How was it Jess?

Any other suggestions in our area?
    Seven Springs was a great race! I loved the course. It had everything,...singletrack, climbs, DH, Big rocks, logs and water crossings,...and a dead deer carcass that smelled really bad as you rode past it. (Creepy at night too!) The Collegate National championships are held there, so you know it's tough. The Laps were 13 miles long with 2 lap mininum for each teammate. I would love to do it again,...but,......It was a 7 hour drive to exit 91 of the PA expressway!!!! The showers where down the hill (3 minutes by car)at the lodge resort. They didn't sell any food atop of the ski mountain where you camped. Thank God for ear plugs because the biggest snorer was next to my camp site. (Gave 3 pairs of ear plugs away to fellow weary racers) Bring your own TP,...the johns aways ran out,....and its a lamans start,...so know how to run 1/2 mile.

Erik, the Allamuchy 50km is a good choice too,...loved that race and with gas prices,...a bonus. There is also the Darkhorse 40 and the Root 66 Marathon 6 hour at Dalton MA. Hope you find the ride that you can make some good memories. So,....who's racing the AMBC national qualifier this Sunday at Kittatinny Valley State Park?
    TeamBulldog.com Cyclecraft.com Mtbnj.com JORBA.org

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Kittatinny

Hi! I'm planning on doing Kitatinny this weekend. I'd like to pre-ride the course - are there any maps of the course?

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob W
    I guess you are talking abou the 24 hr race? If so, there is a small race on Oct 6th that might be of intrest...called All-A-Muchy (50K) and its big brother More-A-Muchy (100K). The first being one lap and the second being two laps. A total of 5,200 feet of climbing per lap.

Registration wil be opening soon on www.bikereg.com! Stay tuned...
    What this race? Is this Norba race like professional? I will race this and be winner. Is there prize involved?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Prize

Quote Originally Posted by BetterThanU
    What this race? Is this Norba race like professional? I will race this and be winner. Is there prize involved?
    No NORBA, you be only Pro, we have special prize for you. You will like, we make sure it is worthy of rider who is great like you! You trust.

mtbr member
    May 2005

preride

i'm sure you could dig up a map (pretty sure i've seen one) but there is a pre-ride this sat. details here:

http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/showthrea...5934#post25934

DH Racing= $$$
    May 2007
    This race on sunday at Kitatinny is a national qualifier? I thought it was just another normal race as part of the Campmor series? Sorry, it's my first year XC racing.
    RockyMountainBikes/ KendaTires/ TroyLeeDesigns

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Points at the Kttatinny race this weekend will count as regular points within the Campmor H2h series.

The race is also an AMBC race on the National Calendar, which acts as a National Championship qualifier and a qualifier for upgrading ( to pro ) purposes. This could easily attract deeper fields in the expert and pro classes. For more info on qualifying procedure:

http://www.usacycling.org/events/200...ifications.pdf

Have fun at the race!!!

DH Racing= $$$
    May 2007
    Thanks for clearing that up, makes sense now.
    RockyMountainBikes/ KendaTires/ TroyLeeDesigns