mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Edgewater NJ - Henry Hudson Drive To Palisade Park

Does anybody know if you could ride your bike from River Rd. Edgewater NJ all the way up to Palisades State Park ? Thank you

mtbr member
    Do you mean to ride on River Road on asphalt or is there a trail that connects? I ride on the road almost every weekend from jersey city to Nyack and I am on river road in Edgewater. I am not aware of a trail. There is almost no shoulder in most parts so be extra careful. After a very steep uphill you can enter Palisades Park if you take River Road north from Edgewater.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Hi
    I wouldn't call it a trail really It's called Henry Hudson Drive, There's an entrance from River Road going towards Fort Lee landmark on the entrance is the Hotdog Truck thats always park there. Unfortunately that road is close due to mudslide.

Slowpoke

On the pavement, only as far north as the Alpine boat basin

You end up on 9W near the PIP police station just north of Closter Dock Road.
    It's a cool ride and the road is closed to traffic most of the way. And if I'm right, the whole way is on park property. If you were to poach the trail at the top of the cliff (Long Path?) you probably could, at least to Tallman Mountain in NY.
    If you try it let us know how it goes!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Yeah I was gonna try it this sunday but I just went to their website and couple parts of the road is close due to muslide. But I will post one here if ever. thank you

mtbr member
    May 2007
    There is the "Long Path" that runs that route - looks like it would be a decent beginner ride if you are looking for scenery and to cover some ground- some small technical stuff and mostly flat.

Signs posted say no biking but there were fresh tracks regardless