Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Did anyone ride (central NJ) today?

698 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  crash_in_nj 
#1 ·
I was wondering what kind of shape the trails are in after last night's rain. I want to go for a ride after work, and don't really enjoy getting muddy. Okay, I like to get muddy, but hate to clean up afterwards...

#2 ·
I went for my ride, and it rocked;) I found a couple of rocks to drop off of out in the woods somewhere and spent my ride trying to figure out how to go off them without bonking. Toward the end of the ride I really started to get the hang of it, and was jumping off the rocks instead of just riding down them. It did take some pain to get there, though. I also practiced manuals for a bit, and have the grass stains to prove it.

Anyone interested in riding tomorrow? I've been thinking of trying chimney rock, and it'd be really cool to ride with someone who knows their way around. PM me if you're interested.

#3 ·
Rode chimney rock this evening and the trails are in good shape. Very few puddles and muddy spots considering the recent rain. Some sections are exploding with thorn bushes. I got a flat on my front tire, found a thorn that pierced straight through. No biggie though.

Good riding weather for this weekend. Get out and ride. I'll be on my road bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.