mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Diablo (mountain creek bike park) difficulty question

Hi, i have been biking for a while and mountain biking in trails that are relatively easy usually single track with a occasional rock section for about two years now and i love it and i want to try out downhill mountain biking. I live about a hour from diablo free ride park or mountain creek bike park and I'm looking into going there when the weather is better and when they open. I will probably be renting a bike there and i wanted to see how hard the trails are there and if you would recommend them for a beginner and how your guys experiences with them were. I would probably ride the green trails first. Thanks in advance for any help.

mtbr member
    They are going to be a completely different bike park this year, but it seems as though they have been working hard on getting it back into it's glory days.

They have a wide spread of trails to choose from, there are several beginner trails to choose from that are fun and then you go all the way up to nasty rock gardens, big table tops, and drops. All in all, there is a bit for everyone.

-Brett

RideDirt
    I can't wait ti hit this place up! WIll be my first time and I wanna hit the nasty rock gardens up and the more flowy sections too .

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Isn't this park closed already? I read something in this website that they are discontinuing the park.

Diablo Mountain Bike Park- Tickets & Passes

Arf, he said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jinda View Post
    Isn't this park closed already? I read something in this website that they are discontinuing the park.

Diablo Mountain Bike Park- Tickets & Passes
    The lease for Diablo expired and Mountain Creek is opening the park this year under their own name.

News Update - 1-23-12

mtbr member
    i wanna try it to. im in the same position as you. might wanna just try a hardtail (would hit no drops or anything to nasty) cause im afraid that once i try dual suspension im gonna hate my bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbdawgJeff View Post
    The lease for Diablo expired and Mountain Creek is opening the park this year under their own name.

News Update - 1-23-12
    Wow this is good news. I just move to NJ from MA and haven't gone out to ride since then. I cant wait for the weather to get warmer!

mtbr member
    Yeah, the bike park should be much better now that it is under new ownership. Check out mountain creek bike park on Facebook to keep updated.

-Brett

RideDirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Carraig042 View Post
    Yeah, the bike park should be much better now that it is under new ownership. Check out mountain creek bike park on Facebook to keep updated.

-Brett
    +1 By the way man SICK rig in your sig , i gotta add a Demo to my fleet soon