mtbr member

Dear Deer Park, Allamuchy, NJ

Sup mtb folks:

Checked out Allamuchy (deer park) today.

While we didn't have a large in number turn-out for this btcnj mtb ride, imho it was large in spirit, as an experienced mtb showed up, even after racing yesterday

todays ride on motion based:
    http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/8034998

while the ride was listed as a 'c' level, we moved along at a brisker pace, as the trails were in great shape, with the exception of on stretch of the 'white trail'

macman's happy to be checking out his newly installed shimano xt crank (1 & 2 chainring + metal chain ring guard, not too bummed that the fox fork was a schmidge too short, and will stick w/the dart 2 for now (named after the reliable dodge dart perhaps?)

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

White Trail

What was the minor issue on the White Trail?

Bob W

mtbr member

white trail

at the lake, after you climb, then descend, and make the right a small climb, about 10 meters was muddy.

we went through this area twice, and twice i dismounted and walked around the mud

we cycled approx. 1.5 figure 8's (it looks like 3 circles on top of one another)

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/8034998

there was another group of 4, and one guy had a cool looking free ride bike, it looked way cool, yet he complained of the bikes weight, and the small climb back towardds the lake on the weight trail looked too difficult for the four some

wtf: on a beautiful spring day i enter a 'c' level ride [on the easier side of allamuchy] and one guy shows up and his level is far above and beyond 'c'

several folks said there north side of allamuchy is far more difficult and some have said leading a 'c' level ride there in the winter is a death nell

i actually cycled 'the north side' two winter ago through a snow storm on the tarmac
    of the allamuchy allegory ride which the state has been kind enough to list:
    http://www.nj.gov/transportation/com.../allamuchy.pdf

be that as it may, i was unable to complete the ride and bailed just before the route turned tarmac to soil

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

That section...

Yeah that section is on the list for an eventual re-route (by the JORBA Chapter).

Sounds like you had a good ride!

Take Care,

Bob W
    www.JORBA.org
    You Dig?
    "The rides to short to not kick against the pricks" M.F.

mtbr member
    I usually take more pictures, but my camera's battery died, and left the recharged ones in the car.

Next time, the foilage will be better any ways.

Thank you.

mtbr member
    When are you guys having another group ride? I rode there with a buddy last summer and I think we found the worst trails ever. I had no fun at all. We just found boring winding fireroads and some completely unridable or hiking trails. But from what everybody says Allamuchy has great trails/singletrack, that I guess we never found. I'd like to ride with someone that knows the place well. I'd like to go before May 14. Any takers?
    Mary ss shenanigans

mtbr member

allamuchy

i been going to deer park section, but will graduate to the north side soon

it'll be tough with mon's day coming up

i don't know your schedule but i may get a pocket of time during the work-week

my plan was to get a nice new fork at camprmor this friday, but i could take the dart 2 out for a swan song before then

j a c k m e i s t e r