mtbr member
    Dec 2010

Cranks Mooch wrapup!

Despite the Closure of the State lands on Friday the Madness race course was a reroute to stay almost totally on the Boyscout camp. Though not as advertised the race went on and most but not all seemed ok with it. The Gran Fondo was responsibly postponed to a Sept. date. Cranks continued although staying over on Sat. night may have been less than prudent. Good job people.

See you next year. I hope that everybody got through Irene with no hardships.

I'm Idaho!
    Mar 2006
    Thanks for coming out, and hope you had a good time. I believe the camp was closed to campers at 5:00 pm Saturday. So the Cranks weekend had to close shop early though I understand that people had a good time.

Just to make sure everyone knows, the race was 100% on BSA land. What you may have thought were Allamuchy trails are, in fact, on the BSA property. We found out on Friday afternoon that the state parks were closed up, and Matty had to bust his tail to put something together for the race. While it was out of our control, we did the best we could. Great job by Matty, as he saved the day.

mtbr member
    +1 The re-route was indeed a nice change. A BIG Kudos goes out to everyone that helped. Although I didn't do all that well, it was nice to represent the home town locals and reunite with many that I've chatted with on the boards.

Throughout race day I heard nothing but great things about the Cranks leading up to the race and can confirm the sites/layout was perfect for this type of event.

Looking forward to next year!!!
    Nothing really witty to say..........