mtbr member
    Sep 2010

*Ride update* Cape May/South Jersey pump tracks

Hopefully someone might be willing to help a California guy out. Next week my family and I are doing our annual east coast trip to visit the in-laws for a couple weeks and I'm bringing the bikes.

We fly into Philly next Saturday and will be driving up to Coudersport in Potter County, PA first. We will be there a week and then driving down to Cape May, NJ for a week. I made a similiar post in the PA section.

I completely understand that I'm asking for privileged information but it never hurts to ask. If anyone is willing to drop me a message on where I might look for a pump track or very mellow jumps it would be appreciated. I have two young sons who ride and it would be awesome to meet some new people and get in some east coast pump sessions. I'm definitely going to hit the public track in Alexandria/Milford on our way to Cape May and hopefully learn about some NJ spots also.

I would absolutely show someone around my area in Riverside County, Southern California in return as well as let you ride my back yard.

I appreciate any tips someone can offer.

This is my backyard, first time ever building a track and making a video:
    Chicken Track - YouTube
    Last edited by boudroux; 09-21-2013 at 03:19 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013

Cape May/South Jersey pump tracks. California guy in town.

Look up the Alexandria pump track on google, I'm pretty sure it's south of where I am, check it out they have a jump line and a lot of work is done to the track daily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Ghost Rider
    You might want to reach out to Bob. He's the mastermind behind the Alexandria track. His email is pumptrack@jorba.org.

Not sure you've seen these:

Alexandria Pump Track - NJ | Video Trail Reviews.Com

Alexandria Pump Track - NJ - 2012 on Vimeo

Hope you and the family have a blast on the East Coast.

-Manny

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Thank you for the replies. I'm absolutely hitting that track, it looks super fun and both my boys will be able to ride it.

My wife and I have been going to see her family for 8 years and normally I bring my flyfishing gear for the grandparents in Coudersport PA and spinning gear for her parents house on the Chesapeak Bay. I'm super pumped on bringing bikes this time.

Thanks again.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Well we didn't have a chance to hit the Alexandria track but we did hit the West Milford pump track and had a blast. Since being on the east coast we have hit up two skateparks and the pump track. We are now in Cape May and hope to find a spot to ride close by tomorrow.

My 4 year old caught his first air, you gotta look close, my 3 year old started standing up and trying to pump even I caught a little air.

Jersey has been good to us and I really want to give the folks who built the West Milford track some props, it was super fun.

Thank you all again for posting and next year when we visit we will hit up Alexandria.

My 4, turns 5 next month, starting to get brave:

DSC01879 by Brian_D_H, on Flickr

DSC01911 by Brian_D_H, on Flickr

My youngest turned 3 last month getting better:

DSC01595 by Brian_D_H, on Flickr

DSC01807 by Brian_D_H, on Flickr

The old man back on a bmx for a month or so after 20 years of dirt bike riding:

DSC01748 by Brian_D_H, on Flickr

Ghost Rider
    That's fantastic Brian! You've got some great looking kids.

This video wasn't finished when I first posted. It's the W. Miford Family track.

Thanks for the update and it's encouraging to hear your visit to Jersey has been fun.

-Manny

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Great video. The little inside sweeper with the small rollers is so cool and builds a ton of speed. I'm going to find a way to incorporate something like that on my backyard track.

Thanks again Manny.