mtbr member

Campmor and repairs

Hey,

Anyone have any opinions on how well the Campmor bike shop does repairs. I'd imagine they're pretty solid.

Thanks!
    Dang! You got shocks, pegs... lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

My experience is pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by bikestud
    Hey,

Anyone have any opinions on how well the Campmor bike shop does repairs. I'd imagine they're pretty solid.

Thanks!
    Although they have not done any reairs for me they have provided great customer service. I need replacement bolts for a Titus frame that I didn't even buy from them. I asked for their help and wasn't expecting the great customer service for 8 bolts that are covered under warranty. Titus and Campmor played phone tag but I kept getting calls every couple of days from Campmor to let me know the status. I am so impressed with this level of service I'm buying the guys/gals in the bike shop a pizza lunch on Saturday for their trouble.
    I guarantee I will never, ever be accused of bringing sexy back...

mtbr member

They were good 4 me

I took my rig in to have my brake pads replaced because I couldnt set them right myself. Alex their main wrench tried as I watched. He couldn't do it either. He decided to bleed the brake a little, pushed the pistons back and in the pads went. No charge, thought maybe a fee for watching, nope. I trust that they will do the job right and treat you fair. The only issue I have is that you have to set up an appointment to drop off your rig. I give'm two big ups

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    They built my bike. Everything was perfect and i am a stickler about stuff. Even the seat height was right. I'm not sure how Geoff knew my inseam??

I have also had forks serviced and brakes bled ... all top notch service, prompt and with a smile.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

i love em!

ive bought my last three bikes from them. Oh but then again i work there!!
    Mark is a wizard when it comes to drivetrains and road bikes and Geoff rocks out on suspensions. Both great guys. And out on the sales floor we're pretty good too.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    never done repairs but the are well stocked, knowlegable and less expensive then any other bike shop i've been to in the area

Born Annoyed
    got my marin there and after a few miles some things loosened up, gave them a call and they fixed it while I waited no problems and when it went in for a tune up I called for an appointment, dropped it off in the morning and it was done in the afternoon, so I thing they are really good for repairs. Tiree knows his stuff

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Panhead
    got my marin there and after a few miles some things loosened up, gave them a call and they fixed it while I waited no problems and when it went in for a tune up I called for an appointment, dropped it off in the morning and it was done in the afternoon, so I thing they are really good for repairs. Tiree knows his stuff

just to clarify, Tahir's name is Tahir.

Born Annoyed
    sorry, my bad. damn late night posts.

That's right....
    Quote Originally Posted by lawndart
    just to clarify, Tahir's name is Tahir.
    every once in a while i like to scower the mtbr threads to see how bad people can butcher Tahir's name.
    Tyrique
    T-bone
    Tahibi
    Tyrone
    Tihee
    Teehar
    Tata

cracks me up

oh yeah, campmor effin rules. if any other shop in the area tells you they can provide better mtb sales, service and selection i want you to promptly smack them in the head and call them a retard.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey
    every once in a while i like to scower the mtbr threads to see how bad people can butcher Tahir's name.
    Tyrique
    T-bone
    Tahibi
    Tyrone
    Tihee
    Teehar
    Tata

cracks me up

oh yeah, campmor effin rules. if any other shop in the area tells you they can provide better mtb sales, service and selection i want you to promptly smack them in the head and call them a retard.

were you there the other day when i picked up the phone and the guy TOTALLY hacked Tahir's name. Im pretty sure he asked for Hakeem or Akeem. You had to have been there! The Azure is ok by the way.

To keep on topic....Campmor rules! Dogs drool! And Hasbrook Heights Football Rocks!

djd
    mtbr member
    May 2004

it's a good shop

They do good work and are willing to special order parts/accessories.

mtbr member

Campmor

Guys in there are super nice, very knowledgable. Definately a good microbrew shop. I think guys name is Geoff and man does he know his suspension stuff. Holy crap. I'm bringing in my rig this fall for complete overhaul. Unlike Cycle Craft (Shaft) when you get it back you'll know its done right. If they dont have something they'll make the call and get it pretty quick. Pricing is dead on great as well. On top of all this you get to check out all the North Face stuff throughout the store. Always gotta pick somethin' up at Campmor. They're riding team is sick as well.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Geoff just put my Motolite together and did a great job. I didn't even have to adjust my seat height
    CREV

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CREV
    Geoff just put my Motolite together and did a great job. I didn't even have to adjust my seat height
    Crev,
    your bike is SICK! Im glad you posted pics of it on the TITUS board. I hope to be a Titus owner soon. Just got my Tax Relief check in the mail yesterday....wasnt even expecting it. A Rush will be on Ebay soon.

mtbr member

Nice

I loved the comment about "the tax relief check." Only in Jersey.....

mtbr member
    Just a quick shout-out to Campmor for their work on my bike last week. Great work at a lower-than-expected cost. And when it was finished Geoff called to go over it all step-by-step. Big thanks -