mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Campmor H2H series.

I'm going to enter in the Bull dog rump thats taking place this sunday, June 29th. Can anyone give me any info on these racces? I read about feed zones but can I fill my camelback with water so I can drink it during the race and use water bottles outside of the feed zone. I'm going to register online but do I have to go anywhere when I get to Kittatiny state park. How do I get a one day U.S. cycling license? It's my first race so I dont know anything about them. Any other info you have would help me out so much.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

mtbr member
    use your camelback or bottles throughout the race -- don't count on getting hydration beyond your own supplies. buy your one-day license ($5) when you get to the pre-register line. try to get there an hour before your race goes off. follow the crowd when you get there. don't sweat it too much. just dress light, bring hydration, and have fun. it's a blast.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    The official series site with rules and classes is:

http://h2hrace.com/

Go for it, and have fun! Besides learning stuff, you'll meet new people, develop new goals, be impressed with either yourself or others and get involved in improving the mountain bike experience.

mtbr member
    Mtbiker7, please tell us how it went. This would have been my first mt bike race also but I'm working out a back problem right now and it wouldn't have been good. Let us know how you did.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I think it went good. my time was somewhere around 1 hour 15 minutes. I know I didnt place in the bottom of my class because I passed some kids that had flats. I would definetly reccomend this to someone doing there first race. It was hard half way through but go alot easier on the second lap. The trails were also very smooth, dry, and flowy in places.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I'm so happy now because I just found out I finished third place in my first race. It sucks that I didnt stick around because I would have been on the podium.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker7
    I'm so happy now because I just found out I finished third place in my first race. It sucks that I didnt stick around because I would have been on the podium.
    What class did you run?

I did beginner senior and checked the reults and I got 1st by a couple minutes. I wasn't really aware what place I was in, it seemed chaotic. I stuck around watching the pro guys run through the course but I left before they gave people medals.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatcm
    What class did you run?

I did beginner senior and checked the reults and I got 1st by a couple minutes. I wasn't really aware what place I was in, it seemed chaotic. I stuck around watching the pro guys run through the course but I left before they gave people medals.
    I was in Beginner 10-14. You raced in the same class as my dad.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker7
    I was in Beginner 10-14. You raced in the same class as my dad.
    ouch!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-XC-Justin
    ouch!
    What do youmean ouch?