mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Campmor H2H Ringwood Fall Classic 9/7

The next three races of the Campmor H2H Serires should be real fun for those looking for technical challenge. Schedule here:

http://h2hrace.com/

Next up is the Campmor H2H Series Ringwood Fall Classic on Sep 7. I will be marking the course late Friday, and should have it ready for pre-ride on Saturday. Before then, use the race map from here:

http://www.rvccmtb.com/

RVCC will be giving away a FREE 20th Anniversary T-shirt to the first 175 racers to pre-register. Please note that registration is only open until 5pm on Friday.

Hope to see some of you!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Any reports/information about how this race was last year? I've entered this year's as my first race in beginner and I'm just wondering what to expect. Lots of climbing? Technical? I looked at the results for Lewis Morris from this year and rode that course...seems like a half hour sprint. Is that likely to be the case for Ringwood as well? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    The Ringwood course is a bit more technical than Lewis Morris and does have technical climbing. This years Ringwood course is also different than last years. I always recommend pre-riding the course beforehand. It should be marked Saturday.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Hope not washed out. Will there be an anouncement the night before either here or over on the other side?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Forecast looks brutal with rain through Saturday night. Should be an interesting race!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Smile

What will it take to cancel it...

I could guess lightning would do it, but how much rain in inches leans towards calling it off? Traveling 3 hours to it and love to ride in the rain just don't wanna get there to see no race.

Thanks for your efforts now and in the past, always a great race!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Race is still on!

Rain is looking like it may be done before daybreak. Changes not looking likely, but would be posted after 6:30am on official site rvccmtb.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    My friends and I are looking forward to it. What would you guys recommend more for this course, a hardtail or full suspension?
    07 Jamis Dakar XAM 2.0
    07 Fuji Tahoe Pro

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jamisguy
    My friends and I are looking forward to it. What would you guys recommend more for this course, a hardtail or full suspension?
    dualie.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I was out at ringwood this weekend taking pictures of the sport class since thats what a lot of my buddies run.
    http://gtluke.smugmug.com/gallery/5908968_pE9Hv

I wish I could have stayed for the higher classes to get pics, but I had tickets to a 4:30 show in NYC so I had to run.

Enjoy
    -luke-

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Awesome

Wow,...really nice shots of soooo many racers. Thanks for you effort. Amazing that after all that rain,...the course and riders were nearly mud free!

mtbr member
    Great shots -- Thanks -

And how about that snake!

http://gtluke.smugmug.com/gallery/59...67674133_sj6vk

mtbr member

20th anniversery @ ringwood

checking results today (jumping the gun a little you ask...) and thought I'd see who raced in the '98 Ringwood race that RVCC had... 1st place Expert rang a bell: Chris Eatough. that's pretty cool. (http://www.rvccmtb.com/pages/na/results/rg101198.htm)

PS- thanks to whoever it was that recommended to my son to go to the 1st aid tent to have is swollen thumb looked at. they applied ice packs and kept him in the tent until I picked him up after sport class finished. I spoke to him when he finished and besides the "dad, I think I'm gonna puke because I had to beat that kid from last race..." he seemed fine! Unfortunately he couldn't check results to see if he placed and do the medal ceremony. we'll see after results are posted...

PS- Awesome pics GT Luke photo dude!
    Last edited by sasquatch2; 09-08-2008 at 11:49 AM.

mtbr member
    I cannot believe Chris Eatough ("it's pronounced 'eat-off a plate'" ) was there. Holy cow.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    yeah that snake was cool!
    my 11 year old niece thinks its a water moccasin.
    i'm going with that. it was about 3 feet long.

i wish i got there earlier and took shots of the beginner class but i decided to take half a lap with my buddy as he warmed up. then i had to bail early to get to a show in NYC that night.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Yes, I remember Chris Eatough at Ringwood races. I think I raced against Sue Haywood in the late 90's as well. Another Ringwood racing alumni from past years was: Jr racer Floyd Landis. ......Everybody starts somewhere.

Born Annoyed
    Quote Originally Posted by jamisguy
    A little late for this but-
    full rigid with ofg
    It's ALWAYS funny when it happens to somebody else
    Lookie at what I found- http://www.f88me.com check it out, now