Make some music
    Sep 2004

Cablevision blues.....

Well there is no more RushHD..... Lot's of good MTB shows in HD on RushHD.

I give Cablevision a high reading on the suck-o-meter.

Call Cablevision and complain. The number is on your bill for customer service.

Also went RaveHD, KungfuHD, MonstersHD, and a bunch of others.
    J.O.R.B.A. More than just tm. WWW.JORBA.ORG

mtbr member

Do you get Universal Sports Channel?

I have Cablevision and USC is on 110. Most of the coverage this time of year are winter sports but they have had the Avalanche MTB race series and some cyclecross. I can relate to the Avalanche stuff because the goal seems to be to keep your wheels on dirt, not fly off of cliffs and jumps.

It is all a matter of opinion but I thought Rush was terrible. The PIG stuff was boring as was most of the mountain biking. I mean, just how many times can you watch someone do the extreme stuff that is totally out of all possibility for me to do?

However, as far fetched as it may sound, I can relate to World Cup level skiing. I certainly do not have the speed and can't get my skis on edge like the racers but the basics and equipment are the same. I also love all the other winter sports like luge, bobsled and skeleton.

I would pay extra for USC but gave up on Rush after a few weeks.

full-release guaranteed
    I found the KungFuHD two days before it was yanked. I am so pissed.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev Bubba
    I have Cablevision and USC is on 110. Most of the coverage this time of year are winter sports but they have had the Avalanche MTB race series and some cyclecross. I can relate to the Avalanche stuff because the goal seems to be to keep your wheels on dirt, not fly off of cliffs and jumps.

It is all a matter of opinion but I thought Rush was terrible. The PIG stuff was boring as was most of the mountain biking. I mean, just how many times can you watch someone do the extreme stuff that is totally out of all possibility for me to do?

However, as far fetched as it may sound, I can relate to World Cup level skiing. I certainly do not have the speed and can't get my skis on edge like the racers but the basics and equipment are the same. I also love all the other winter sports like luge, bobsled and skeleton.

I would pay extra for USC but gave up on Rush after a few weeks.
    I have FIOS and just discovered USC last week.

I watched a lot of that stuff this weekend. I got a little tired of the interviews during the avalanche series feature, but I thought it was otherwise really entertaining. Courses look like a ton of fun as well, even though I'd never keep up with even the back of the field.

I like air!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratocaster
    Well there is no more RushHD..... Lot's of good MTB shows in HD on RushHD.

I give Cablevision a high reading on the suck-o-meter.

Call Cablevision and complain. The number is on your bill for customer service.

Also went RaveHD, KungfuHD, MonstersHD, and a bunch of others.
    Im pretty bummed about Rush HD and all the Zoom channels like Art HD and Gallery HD going offline.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    GalleryHD was my favorite

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Our favorite was MonstersHD, even if they never played anything good on there
    This explains what happened to those channels, which were all part of the Voom lineup:
    Voom HD has finally met its demise here in the United States, as Cablevision removed the Voom HD channels from its lineup on January 20th. The move follows Dish Network, which dropped all 15 of the Voom HD channels over two days in May of 2007. Will the removal of VOOM HD cause Cablevision customers to move to satellite TV providers Dish Network and DIRECTV? Possibly, as message boards have been buzzing with anger at Cablevisionís decision, similar to the outcry at Dish Network.

Cablevision customers are feeling the same pain that many Dish Network Voom HD customers felt at that time. While many of the VOOM HD channels were repetitive, they did offer unique content, all in HD and commercial free in many cases. Fan favorites such as Kung Fu HD, Monsters HD, and Animania HD look to be replaced by several premium movie channel networks.

According to EngagetHD, Cablevision will replace the slots freed up by dropping VOOM HD with networks such as Encore HD, HBO2 HD, and Action Max HD. Of course none of these channels and the others to be added are basic cable type HD networks, thus for Cablevision customers it will require subscribing to the premium movie tiers that carry these channels.

Voom HD is owned and run by Rainbow Media, which in turn is a subsidiary of Cablevision. Rainbow Media executives laid blame for the removal at the foot of Dish Network. The satellite TV provider removed the 15 Voom HD channels from its service, claiming a contractual breach by Rainbow Media. Dish Network claimed Voom HD was not spending enough money on new content. Voom HD fired back via a $1 billion dollar lawsuit, which is still tied up in court.

The move will lead to the domestic operations of Voom being shut down. Voom HD still has a healthy international base, with more than 30 million subscribers worldwide. Some subscribers had held out hope that DIRECTV or another major pay television company would pick up VOOM HD, but no new deals have materialized. That leaves little hope for Dish Network and Cablevision Voom HD customers, as it now looks like Voom HD is gone forever in the United States.

http://www.dish-television.com/2009/...drops-voom-hd/

Make some music
    Sep 2004

NoOne should have to live with cable.....

I'm currently looking into other options as I am not happy with the new channels all being premium channels.
    J.O.R.B.A. More than just tm. WWW.JORBA.ORG