Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: XC-SOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    75

    C.Rock conditions??

    Can anyone who has ridden here in the last couple of days give a conditions report?? I need to ride!!!!!

  2. #2
    I'm Idaho!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    586
    I rode there Sunday and conditions were pretty good overall. At the top of the yellow trail there was a lot of mud however. On Gilbride there is the small parking area where the people park to fish - across the road the yellow trail goes along the river then up. At the top of the hill is the 4 way intersection. If you go left there - that's the trail I'm referring to. From that intersection to the gravel road is a lot of mud, more than I've ever seen there before. Not sure what happened to that section because it seems to have lost all ability to drain, which is odd since it's on a hill.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: XC-SOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by normZurawski
    I rode there Sunday and conditions were pretty good overall. At the top of the yellow trail there was a lot of mud however. On Gilbride there is the small parking area where the people park to fish - across the road the yellow trail goes along the river then up. At the top of the hill is the 4 way intersection. If you go left there - that's the trail I'm referring to. From that intersection to the gravel road is a lot of mud, more than I've ever seen there before. Not sure what happened to that section because it seems to have lost all ability to drain, which is odd since it's on a hill.

    Good to know that conditions are genrally good. It does bite that the Gilbride section is sauced as that is my favorite area to ride. I agree that this is unusual due to the slope of that trail. I guess that heavy rain storm did it in.

  4. #4
    WooHoo Biking!!!!
    Reputation: goodvibe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    202
    I rode there today. The conditions were generally good, but there were a few swampy sections. There were some surprisingly wet sections coming east of Gilbride Avenue and east of the white rock. Other than that, the conditions were quite good, especially west of Newman's Lane.

  5. #5
    w3rd.
    Reputation: Purple Liquid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    317
    Rode today, excellent!

    The normally wet spots are full of mud, but there isn't anything that is really terrible.

    If the rain holds off till after the weekend, it should be a nice weekend ride.

  6. #6
    I'm Idaho!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by XC-SOB
    Good to know that conditions are genrally good. It does bite that the Gilbride section is sauced as that is my favorite area to ride. I agree that this is unusual due to the slope of that trail. I guess that heavy rain storm did it in.
    I think it's possiblt that the muddy section was especially overridden this winter. That trail has about **** the bed and will likely need to be rerouted in spots. It was already showing heavy wear in the past year+ in spots. I think the current conditions just cement it.

  7. #7
    The Yard Sale King.
    Reputation: tommyjay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by normZurawski
    I think it's possiblt that the muddy section was especially overridden this winter. That trail has about **** the bed and will likely need to be rerouted in spots. It was already showing heavy wear in the past year+ in spots. I think the current conditions just cement it.

    I hate when I four asterisk my bed. Ruins my night.

  8. #8
    I'm Idaho!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    586
    Damn when did they start doing that to this forum? **** **** **** tits

  9. #9
    I like wheelies
    Reputation: chrisg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by normZurawski
    Damn when did they start doing that to this forum? **** **** **** tits
    You're on double-secret probation. No more fun of any kind!

  10. #10
    Future Rainbow Jersey
    Reputation: ziggurat22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    449
    I rode on Sunday and it was much better than I expected.
    "If I can't work to make it...I'll rob to take it..."

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jen Jen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9
    Rode there last night and it was real nice n dry. Get there before the rain does!!

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: XC-SOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    75
    Finally had the chance to ride here and the conditions are just right - not too dry or wet in most sections although I avoided the Gilbride/white rock area. Good traction everywhere!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •