mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Biking Partner for Adoption

Apologies for going a little off theme here. I rescued this guy from the gas chamber in Florida 6 months ago and have been fostering him ever since. Would love to keep him but my older rescue just isn't adjusting and unfortunately is getting more aggressive daily. Eventually one of them will get hurt so we're looking to place him (There would be an applic process w/ Catahoula Rescue).

Just in case you know of anyone in the market he's a 15 month old, 70 pound Louisiana Catahoula Leopard Dog w/ cracked glass blue eyes. Good with dogs & people of all sizes (just doesn't like to get bit) . Loves the outdoors. Loyal, loving etc... Really will suck to let him go but he's young enough that he'll have no problem adjusting if it's with the right family.

Thanks for passing on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Biking Partner for Adoption-0925111357-1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    You will probably have better luck with your local Craigslist pets section. As long as you don't charge or sell, you can list him:
    north jersey pets classifieds - craigslist
    Just upload that pic to a site like Imageshack and embed it into the ad(bigger pictures help).

But alot of the people there are knobs. I always enter my address(town, county) and often find they ask me for it anyway, or they finally realize several emails into a deep email exchange they don't want to drive however far my house is, when it should have been the first thing to check. So you will need to check them out and maybe disqualify the people who cannot even read an ad and respond properly.

Or try contacting your local pound or animal shelter and tell them you are hosting an adoptee and want to connect with an adopter. Or take him out for walks or to parks more frequently. Everytime a dog lover stops to pet him or talk about him, just let them know and give them your cell #.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Roy

Agreed. Local Rescue is letting us show him @ their adoption days--should help generate some conversation. Nice thing w/ this site is there's a population who are active & outdoors, things he likes. Only takes one...no rush so we have time to be selective
    Tks