mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Best XC Trek? or equal to Liquid 30

Recently my Liquid 30 bit the dust. it broke right in half a complete break right above the bottom bracket and another on the top bar right below the seat post down tube.
    i am trying to figure out an equivalint to or even better if not the best in comparison to the Liquid 30. I thought this was a "great" bike; i dont even ride that hard and i dont think 190lbs is over weight for this former bike.

mtbr member

take it back

Think about taking it to the shop see if they will replace the frame. Not sure but 190 lbs does not appear to be excessive weight for that bike. And with all the other brands out there you can probably do better with another brand. Do the research on here. Giant and Specialized get very pub in the mags. Good luck

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    well ya see im trying to work with trek, looking to see if i could get a free frame out of their flaw. im just looking to see what they might give me or offer me, im just looking for an equivalent or slightly better so i dont get ripped off when they say your getting a.......Trek Mt. Lion and im like duuuu wahhh!?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    wouldn't they give you another Liquid?

mtbr member

I think

I think they should give you another Liquid. Check the trek web site and check out the different models. You sshould be ble to do comparisions there.

WooHoo Biking!!!!
    I broke the frame on my liquid 30 just above the shock mount and trek wound up sending me a Liquid 55 frame a couple of years ago. Their customer service is pretty good and you have a lifetime warranty on the bike.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I wore out the pivot mounts and they replaced the front triangle of my Fuel
    My buddy did the same and then later bent his rear triangle, Trek replaced both!
    They have done good by me!
    I would expect a new frame, probably this year's as well! (If that makes a difference)

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I have an 05 fuel 8 and im about 190 lbs .This frame seems plenty strong .I cant imagine that frame cant handle your weight with normal off road riding ,must of been a defect,call trek .