RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman

best tires for Lewis Morris?

to any of the Lewis Morris veterans out there, what are your favorite tires for that park? just started riding there and I really enjoy it.

lotto baby
    i kind of ignore rolling resistance and look for for a tire that holds a corner well while going fast, so you can really keep up your speed (especially if its wet) and trust that your tire will hold. when i had my 26" bike i loved the panaracer fire x/cs (good tire, easy on the wallet)... for my 29er i am riding the nevegals and absolutely loving them. they may not be the fastest rolling, but they give me a lot of confidence. i also have run some of the faster rolling/low tread specialized tires (like the old slickrock), low rolling resistance but less bite on the turns - great for when it is really dry, like in droughts or in the dry part of the fall.

mtbr member

Pythons

At least that is what I use on my hardtail when riding Lewis Morris. Hutchinson Python Air Lites or some similiar xc tire. The park is not very technical so a fast rolling xc tire works very well in my opinion.

FIX IT YOURSELF
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev Bubba
    At least that is what I use on my hardtail when riding Lewis Morris. Hutchinson Python Air Lites or some similiar xc tire. The park is not very technical so a fast rolling xc tire works very well in my opinion.
    Hey Rev

Does Hutchinson make the Pythons in a two-nine version?
    Eye Am In The Meat !!!

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman
    thanks for the suggestions. I run the Nevegals on my DH bike. I love it for DH, but I had in mind something a bit lighter and faster rolling for my XC needs. I read that the Python rolls really fast, but tends to break free in high speed turns. Any other suggestions along the lines of the Python with perhaps better cornering?

mtbr member

Don't know.....

I did a quick look at Speedgoat's site and they didn't list a 29'er but you better check the Hutchinson site to be sure.

mtbr member
    I use Panaracer firepro XC (the only tires I use) I was going to get something else but they've worked well.

Let me know when you're going, It's only 10-15 minutes from me, I'm there 2-3 times a week.

mtbr member
    I am all about the Fire XC pros as well. I ride the 1.8s though and they work fine. Just be sure you have something fast and can hold in a corner.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer the kalmyk
    Hey Rev

Does Hutchinson make the Pythons in a two-nine version?

Hutchinson just shipped the 1st container of them from France last week.

They will be tubeless ready which mean that with the use of some sealant they will be UST compatible.

Here they are on my bike:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ..I'd rather be a headlight on a northbound train..

mtbnj.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jdog
    Hutchinson just shipped the 1st container of them from France last week.

They will be tubeless ready which mean that with the use of some sealant they will be UST compatible.

Here they are on my bike:

HOO RAYYYYYY
    You guys live or plan on coming to New Jersey, check out mtbnj.com