mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Best for north Jersey Single Track

I'm was out looking at the Stumpjumper fsr and the Prophet 800. How good is the lefty max on the single tracks like the Mooch. I'm aware of cannondale's quality and service but I don't rule Specialize out. Looking for the first rear suspention xc to tackle NJ/ EAST COAST TRAILS.
    " Find a trail and ride"

Make some music
    Sep 2004

Ride em...

Take them out for an hour each, you'll know which one is for you..
    J.O.R.B.A. More than just tm. WWW.JORBA.ORG

mtbr member

Prophrt

I haven't ridden the specialized but I will say that I love the lefty fork! Very active and smooth. One of the only forks that truly gets its advertised travel. I would consider spending a little more for the 1000 model. The manitou shock is more tunable and the parts kit is better all around.I traded my ellsworth truth for the prophet and I have not been sorry!

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    what's your budget?
    ....::::::::: WeRideBikes:::::::::....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan
    I traded my ellsworth truth for the prophet and I have not been sorry!

wow--powerful statement truth and prophet are near opposite ends of the spectrum as far as suspension designs go. single pivot v. ICT

lefty seems to be more of a personal preference, i happen to like how it feels(but have not taking the jump to a lefty myself) but i know the fsr system is going to pedal much better with the lower end rear shocks. if you step up into a fox rp3 rear shock then the cannondale can compete with the fsr.

mike