RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman

best DH wheel builder?

Who do you guys trust around central NJ to do a wheel build? Please don't just throw any name out there because its your local shop and he's a good guy. I'm looking for a pro with experience and a proven track record of building expensive, high quality, DH wheels.

thanks guys.

banned
    Beachwood, and it's not my LBS.

Is flexy
    Dustin at Efinger. Not saying this b/c I used to work there and still help out from time to time. He built my atom labs laced to hopes last season (never had to even true them once) and built 3 sets of 823s laced to hopes with DT comp spokes for me and two other buddies in the area. Mine are bombproof and I'm a hack. One of the sets he built were used by a national champ for this entire season and he puts a hurting on wheels. Dustin builds a nice high tension wheel set and knows his stuff.
    Good People... www.efingersports.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I would also take a look at bicycle - pro on rte 130 in Bordentown.
    From what I hear Fred the owner is a good wheel builder.
    I also know that a couple of their employees ride at Diablo every weekend.
    If you want something built for down hill they will know what works and what don't.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug S
    I would also take a look at bicycle - pro on rte 130 in Bordentown.
    From what I hear Fred the owner is a good wheel builder.
    I also know that a couple of their employees ride at Diablo every weekend.
    If you want something built for down hill they will know what works and what don't.
    Beat me to it. Fred has built a few wheelsets for me and I won't let anyone else do it from now on. I know he just built a few sets of DH wheels that came out flawless too. Fred's the kind of wheelbuilder that will talk to you about your riding and your setup for an hour before he gives you his suggestions on what to run. Then he'll build the most badass wheels you ever ran.

609-291-9090 is the #, they're in Bordentown, exit 50 something on 295, or 7 on the TP.

mtbr member
    i worked with dusty for a long time and he builds a good wheel.

w3rd.
    Another shout out for Dustin at Efinger

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    its not hard to build a good wheel. anyone who knows what they're doing and has at least done a handful, and gives a crap about their work, will build you a good wheel. even tension is even tension.

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman
    Quote Originally Posted by tomsmoto
    anyone who knows what they're doing and has at least done a handful, and gives a crap about their work.
    absolutely, I couldn't agree more. but I'm glad to get some names that match those traits. hate to spend $700 in the dark. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Not Central Jersey, but...

John at Cycle Works (Rt 206 in Byrham, just north of RT 80) is the best!!! Call them on the phone (973-347-3733; http://www.cycleworks206.com), get the price, pick up the wheels on your next trip to Diablo! Easy and the wheels will be bomber!!!

Bob W.