Rip
    Broken

Been defending round valley for ages...

But what I saw yesterday left a really, really sour taste in my mouth. Looks like the switchbacks are going to get bulldozed. That right there was the one soul reason why I kept going back there. Right where it rides along a ridge the brush and trees on the one side were cut down. The last time they did something like that was when they bull dozed and laid gravel to the section by the south lot. Not going back there. Will have to start making the drive to allamuchy and ringwood, and in this area still have teetertown ravine, voorhees, deer path(round mountain side.)
    À tout le monde. À tous mes amis. Je vous aime. Je dois partir.
    These are the last words I'll ever speak And they'll set me free

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I was there yesterday and noticed some brush across the trail along that ridge, but not the bulldozing. I did notice some brush cleared further towards the parking lot on the right as you head back to the lot, though. I haven't been there in a couple of months until yesterday and did notice the new gravel that will wash away just like the old gravel did with a few good rains.

Not sure what they're thinking there.

Rip
    Broken
    They haven't bull dozed yet, but from where they cut the brush it seems like they are making it wide enough there to get a bull dozer through. Don't know what they are thinking exactly but it supports the theory that they want to cater to campers and trail runners.

mtbr member
    I was there last week & some some guys cutting down trees right next to the switchbacks. My thinking was more along the lines of a fire line kind of deal, but who knows what they are up to there. If they can f things up, they will, we all know that.
    Jersey Off-Road Bicycle Association- Advocate, Educate and Conserve
    You Dig? WWW.JORBA.ORG

WWW.MTBNJ.COM

mtbr member

What

Whose they and what are they thinking?

Rip
    Broken
    The maitenance crew at Round Valley.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    It doesn't look like that to me at all, more of a fire line like Kirt says to protect the power line that crosses the trail there. If you notice you'll see that the bushes are cut all the way up and down the hill underneath the power line. Best thing to do to find out is call or ask them, but from the looks of it it's unlikely they'll bulldoze the trail. On top of it there's an alternate way that has already been bulldozed/gravelled over. The old trail right next to that is a blast BTW, it still has the remnants of the steps/waterbars that make for nice launch pads.

True the trail maintenance in that park is poor, but there's only one way to make it better.

Maurice