mtbr member

anyplace close to me??

hey all, im looking for someplace to ride within aobut an hour or so of Hoboken NJ(im living on campus at school) which is accessible by train(so i can take my bike along ), i know about most of the parks, but im not too familiar w/ the train system so if anyone can point me to a park which is easily (im willing to ride a couple miles on the road if i need to from the station to the trails) to find by train i would appreciate some advice
    I cant spell deal with it!

w3rd.
    hmmm, check out njtransit.com and look for the Raritan Valley Line. You can get off at Bridgewater, ride down 28 towards Thompson, take Thompson across the highway to Chimney Rock Road, and keep going up till you get to the parking lot!

My guess is that you can only take your bike on the Path during certain hours, but early mornings shouldn't be a problem. So take the Path to Newark, and grab the next Raritan Valley line train to Bridgewater.

Oh and if you pass Efinger Sporting Goods, stop in and fill your camelbak

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Not really a technical type of trail, but everybody up North Jersey should know about the Raritan River/Delaware River Towpath down in New Brunswick right? Somebody hook him up with the details if you can. All I can remember( I moved to PA) is the Northeast Corridor train to New Brunswick & it's near Rutgers. About 70 miles long. Take plenty of lights for your bike.
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

mtbr member
    May 2004
    take NJ Transit to Milburn and ride South Mountain