mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Any good trails in NJ close to Philly?

Just wondering if there are any trails in New Jersey that are within a reasonable driving distance of Philly. Thanks

lotto baby
    here's a few:

some not in NJ, but close to philly - wissahickon. high rocks is good fun too if you're going further north. getting further away in the state of pa - french creek, or nishaminy(spelling) high school trails are good fun too... but i am getting further away from philly.

nj side of things - try mercer out. and for a real technical but real short loop, the sourlands... but once you are going that far, you're no longer 'close' to philly in my book.
    i spurt in the wind, and the wind drug it

in the getto
    The closest and i think the funnest trail in south NJ is Gloucester County college. From South Philly it's only 15min's.
    it's a big sh*t sandwich and were all gonna have to take a bite

vgt
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky1231
    Just wondering if there are any trails in New Jersey that are within a reasonable driving distance of Philly. Thanks
    Try Clayton. That is a decent little spot. About an hour from philly off of 195. You dohave "The Wiss" right in Philly....I would stick to that if I were you....as Clayton is pretty fun and very well maintained...but not really worth a big drive. It is pretty small.

If you have the means and place to stay....get yourself up to Northern NJ...and lower Hudson Valley NY for some great trail riding in places like Ringwood & Allamuchy in NJ and Blue Mountan Reservation in NY.

VGT

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Thanks, I've been riding Wissahickon and French Creek a lot so I guess I'll stick with that for now.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Ceres Park in Mantua is pretty good...i hear there's been a bit of trail building going on there. Or you could go a little bit further and go down to Camden County College (blackwood campus).

Both of these, as well as Gloucester County College are less than 30 min. from Philly.

mtbr member
    I go to school in Drexel Univ riding Wissahickon during the school months and then hit jersey trails in the spring/summer months. The Wissa Valley is a great place and I would stick to it, but for a little variety (which we all need), you might as well make a weekend trip to Ringwood/Allamuchy because that what Jersey is all about.
    "hit hard, hit fast, hit often HOOAH!!!!"

Blog of mine: http://mtnsprts.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I lived in Philly for three years and now I live in Glassboro, NJ (about 20 minutes from Philly) so I know the area really well. There are 3 spots all within 7 miles of me. Its awesome because I can ride to all of them. They are all close to Philly. Gloucester County College, Camden County College, and Ceres Park in Mantua. Camden is nothing amazing but I have added 2.5 miles of harder trail to make a decent little spot. Also, its impervious to weather. Stays reasonable in almost all conditions. Gloucester and Ceres are more low-lying and prone to getting muddy after rain. Gloucester is a solid 6 mile loop, really easy to follow. Ceres is harder to follow, takes a while to learn it, but might be the best of the 3 spots.
    Good luck, have fun.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pdm362
    I go to school in Drexel Univ riding Wissahickon during the school months and then hit jersey trails in the spring/summer months. The Wissa Valley is a great place and I would stick to it, but for a little variety (which we all need), you might as well make a weekend trip to Ringwood/Allamuchy because that what Jersey is all about.

I also go to Drexel...Year/Major? Im a 4th year Finance Major...Live on 35th and Baring...