mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Another thanks to Bob W and crew

Great job with the new switchback trail on the backside of Cardiac (off of white). Now if you could just do something about the momma bear and cub that I ran into that would be great.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Glad you like!

We had a great turn out to finish that seciton of trial in June, 17 people came out to help finish that up!

I will throw it out there to everyone, if you are interested in helping out with TM in Allamuchy send me a PM or e-mail to allamuchy@jorba.org with your contact info and we will add you to the e-mai list. We can always use more hands and thoughts!!!

Regarding the momma and baby, just say hello and they wil be on there way! I came across a mom and two cubs two weeks ago, very cool to see!!!

Bob W.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Agreed, the new trail is great. BTW, does it have a name? If not, we should have a naming contest with one rule, that it is named after Bob for all the hard work he's put in back there.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    No name just yet. Thanks for the thought, but the name of the trail will not have my name in it!!! Anyway thinking about Cardiac Bypass, keep the whole theme going on that side of the park.

I am not the only one behind this trail there is a whole group of people that came out to help. And that is not just for this trail it is for all the work hta t has been done in the park for the past seveal years.

Bob W.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Smails
    Great job with the new switchback trail on the backside of Cardiac (off of white). Now if you could just do something about the momma bear and cub that I ran into that would be great.

That trail is a lot of fun in both directions. A week after we put it in, it was already packed down and it seemed like it was there for months. Great trail for an already great park.

mtbr member
    Can I make a ruling here??

Let's go with your instincts Bob! "Cardiac Bypass" !

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Whats in a name???

And so it shall be...Cardiac Bypass! Or you can call it waht everyou want, as long as you have fun riding it!!!

mtbr member
    Shouldn't it be Cardiacs Bypass?
    Jersey Off-Road Bicycle Association- Advocate, Educate and Conserve
    You Dig? WWW.JORBA.ORG

WWW.MTBNJ.COM

mtbr member
    I could imagine future techical trail names to come....cardiac double bypass..triple.. quadriple and heart attack

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Don't forget the embolisms.
    I love my mtb. It helps me see the world in beautiful colors. Like brown, blue, brown, blue, brown, blue...

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    That's sweet...Cardiac Bypass.

I call the cardiac trail Corkscrew cause that is what it feels like to ride.

By the way, please people, don't forget the old purple trail, although the new trail is sweet, especially rollie pollie, which is/might be the best trail east of Moab, let's not forget about the other trails, they need love too.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Voodoo
    That's sweet...Cardiac Bypass.

I call the cardiac trail Corkscrew cause that is what it feels like to ride.

By the way, please people, don't forget the old purple trail, although the new trail is sweet, especially rollie pollie, which is/might be the best trail east of Moab, let's not forget about the other trails, they need love too.
    I agree 100% - you can put together a GREAT ride with some good climbing by taking the purple to the top (the switchbacks make it a great climb), then take Lower Cardiac all the way out to White and head up and pick up "Cardiac Bypass" and take that back up to the top of Cardiac, hit Rollie Pollie and then make your way back down.

Man, now I'm thinking of ditching out of work early.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

sweet Names!

Hey Bob,
    I call it' Yup i am gonna heave up my Lunch" Becasue you kill us flatlanders on them trails" !
    So when are we gonna get the invite to ride the new trail bud? I need to feel that rush of pain again...

Later bud,

Mike
    NMBPMIke

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Where is this new trail?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Cardiac Bypass

The new trail is found off of the purple blazed trail (Cardiac/Ditch) just before the trail tops out on the exposed bedrock (coming from the west). Take the single track heading north, you will go thru a faint intersection half way down, continue north (thisis the sectio finished this past June). The trail ultimately joins back up the the purple trail.

If I have a chance will post a small map sometime over the next few days.

Bob W.

mtbr member
    So the purple is Cardiac? Do you have a glossary of trails?

I've only TRIED to climb the purple trail from the other side of the mountain. I made it up but seems like i walked half of it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Trail Names

All of the marked trail in the North and Deer Park sections are named. The names show up on the maps and most actually have signs at the trail heads.

Now for all the unmarked trails in the park...most have at least one name, if not more. And it is a long list. The name of the trail depends on who you ride with, the same goes for various features and intersections in the park. The more you ride the more you wil find out from folks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Where can I find the latest maps? I've covered Deer Park pretty well but always need a guide for the North.

Dan
    Apr 2004

Stint...

Cardiac bypass.....hmmmm.....wouldn't that be a "Stint"?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Allamuchy Norht Map

Quote Originally Posted by CrashCanipe
    Where can I find the latest maps? I've covered Deer Park pretty well but always need a guide for the North.

Go to www.jorba.org and look under the Allamuchy Chapter and you will find maps to both Deer Park and the North Section. Hopefully by the end of summer ther wil be a map for the Stephens/Budd Lake side of the park.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Aka

Quote Originally Posted by de00304
    Cardiac bypass.....hmmmm.....wouldn't that be a "Stint"?

Yes it would! Good to see you out there yesterday!

Bob W.

mtbr member
    What is considered Rollie Pollie? I have been all over the purple trail mountain but have no idea if i have found this trail or ridden it many times not knowing the name.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by idbrian
    What is considered Rollie Pollie? I have been all over the purple trail mountain but have no idea if i have found this trail or ridden it many times not knowing the name.

Rollie Pollie is located on the top of the Ditch/Cardiac climb. Basically, you go up Ditch -- at the top of Ditch, you turn left onto Cardiac and go all the way to the top of Cardiac. There is a huge rock face that the trail goes over -- Rollie Pollie will be a trail on your left. It has lots of rock rollers and even some interesting USCGS markers on some of the rocks.

Image031.jpg
    Last edited by Allamuchy Joe; 08-13-2007 at 09:34 AM.

mtbr member
    Unfortunately my knowledge of the Mooch trails does not go beyond knowing the colored trails, of which i only know by their color, and now, i know what cardiac bypass is by Bob W's description. I don't even know what Cardiac is. This is a big reason i want to hit some TM in there, so i can at least discuss the trails if i have to. I rode Tranquility farms up orange a bit and took the switchback purple up to the top, to the big rock face and took bypass the last few times i rode there exploring. I just have so far to go with stamina. I am amazed of what you guys can do. I have to stop at least ten times during that climb, and some of those stops are lengthy. Those first climbs of the day really are killer.