mtbr member
    May 2007

Another Ringwood question

Is the Green trail I keep reading about the Halifax trail on the RVCC map?
    If so I thought that was hiking only (although from my hikes on that trail I see lots of evidence of MTBs)

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tiki21
    If so I thought that was hiking only (although from my hikes on that trail I see lots of evidence of MTBs)

Yes, Green trail is Halifax and hiking only, except where it co-mingles with fire roads. The RVCC map shows both hiking and biking trails. One reason is that some sections of a particular trail may be hiking only and another section multi-use. Very confusing ? yes. RVCC is working with the state and NYNJTC to make clearer routes and eventually mark them accordingly.

Thanks,
    Ellen
    RVCC/Jorba

mtbr member
    The green trail is a bit confusing- at some points there are hiking only signs and at others it seems to be multi. The bottom part near Skylands Manor is the most fun- but it's hiking only.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    There is the uphill from the mannor that is clearly marked hiking only, then there is the back side that goes down to Glasmere ponds. Anyone know if the backside is multi use?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    There is the uphill from the mannor that is clearly marked hiking only, then there is the back side that goes down to Glasmere ponds. Anyone know if the backside is multi use?
    The backside is hiking only. It's a shame cause it's an awesome little section of trail, great switchbacks there. Not that I would know or anything.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Ringwood my favorite place. I ride there all the time. No trails are hiker only and should never be. I ride all and no one complain. We all ride every trail and there will be no problem. I have done so for many years.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterThanU
    Ringwood my favorite place. I ride there all the time. No trails are hiker only and should never be. I ride all and no one complain. We all ride every trail and there will be no problem. I have done so for many years.
    Just because you do it doesn't mean it's right. There are some trails that are very clearly marked hiking only. I love that place, so please don't ruin it for the rest of us.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by XC62701
    Just because you do it doesn't mean it's right. There are some trails that are very clearly marked hiking only. I love that place, so please don't ruin it for the rest of us.
    Nobody ruin it. You can ride all trails. I have never been stopped in many years. My team ride is always using all trails without problems. Maybe you can join team ride and then ride all trails too. Are you fast? Do you have good bike?

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

New Troll

could betterthanu be aka imbaman???