Thread: Allwood Cycles

mtbr member
    May 2004

Allwood Cycles

Has anyone dealt with Allwood Cycles? Any comments?

Daddy of 3 now!

allwood

why do you ask? Are you looking for new bike or maintenance.
    I've been there a few times. (live in Clifton) The employees are very courteous and the wrench helped me install Headsets on past and present bikes.(the only tools I don't have). I like the idea of hanging out in the service area while work is being done on your bike.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Yes, lookin' for a new rig, a Yeti ASR, and apparently they are the closest dealer. Also, my LBS just went under so I need a new home base. Allwood is about 1/2 hour drive up the Garden State, for me so I was hoping for very positive comments.

All comments welcome!

mtbr member
    I have bought some stuff there - very competitive pricing. They are very nice. The owner is a great guy. He even offered to get me a bike from the manufacturer so that I could take it out on the trail and demo it at no charge (a Trek). They have a decent selection of components in there. Some of the stuff that I like is so specialized that no store can really carry it. They were very helpful with looking through catelogs and finding stuff. The techs seemed really knowledgeable.

They have a Yeti there in the front window that was really sweet (saw it about a week ago). They also have a 2007 Trek Elite 9.7 with XT Cranks that is an amazing bike. If you choose them as your new LBS, I think you will have made a good choice.

Oh, and they were also one of the main sponsors of BikeMontclair, a bike race/tour type thing in town meant to promote bike riding / commuting. They had a stand and were giving out prizes and free water bottles. They also, along with Diamond Cycle, brought in Jeff Lenosky with his trials show. I think they get group mountain bike rides together in the summer.

Other great shops in the area are the Bikery in Montclair, Diamond Cycle in Montclair, Cycle Craft in Parsippany, and Bicycle Tech in Lincoln Park. You can't go wrong with any of these stores.

Best of luck,
    Bri

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    My local shop, nice mom and pop feel. Will sit down with the catalog with you so you can order just about anything you want, wrenches are top notch. What else can I say...