mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Allaire - Trail Conditions

Just wondering if Allaire is rideable and what condition the trails are in? Too much snow where we live to ride and we will be traveling about 2.5 hours to get there, Is it worth trying to ride now?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    no, there is still a good amount of snow here

JORBA
    agreed...trail conditions should be poor this weekend.
    Frank Harms
    JORBA President
    frank at jorba.org

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Not Allaire but been at 6 miles reservation last weekend, very bad, super soft, slushy muddy and we gave up. It should be the pretty much same.

JORBA

Poor trail conditions

A recent warming trend has melted the 3-4 inches of snow at Allaire. Unfortunately this water has not been able to soak into the ground because of the fact that the ground is still frozen 6 inches below the surface. On Sunday Feb 8th the park received an unusually high number of riders due to the fact that it was a beautiful day. The result is sad, the trails have been beat up, widened and need to recover. On behalf of the 95 volunteers that have worked on the Allaire trails this past year, we ask that everyone refrain from using the park until we have either a major freeze or the trails dry out. Beginning in March we will return to our monthly maintenance schedule and start the repair process.

thank you for your cooperation,
    Frank Harms
    Frank Harms
    JORBA President
    frank at jorba.org

ss= 800 lb. gorilla
    Jan 2009

cheesequake a mess

hey all, went to the quake yesterday, and it was an absolute mess. Stayed mostly on the gravel roads, and booth field road, didnt want 2 tear up the trail 2 much, bit i did have a good time, considering the conditions. I am hoping the big winds 2 day dry some of it up. worse case, i will just hammer up and down the other roads, just getting the lungs and legs in shape 4 the summer!!!

WooHoo Biking!!!!
    I was there today. It was great in the morning and got a little mushy around 1:00. It was a great ride. Probably the best conditions in the area right now.

ss= 800 lb. gorilla
    Jan 2009

goodvibe

do u live in the area? we just got back from taconic state park n.y. today, and since the weather loox like garbage for wed and thurs, will try 2 get to the quake 2 morrow for a fast rip. i live right down the street, so its really neat 4 me to go there and get a few fast ya yas out!! I just need 2 stop at bike planet for a quick adjustment, then i will be good 2 go!