mtbr member

Allaire State Park info

I have been riding harthorne woods for the past month and want to try somewhere else. We are going to take a trip to Allaire State Park tomorrow and was looking for tome tips on where the best trails are and other usefull info, thanks.

Is there water fountains and trail maps here?
    Last edited by dvspd; 09-01-2008 at 10:59 AM.

JORBA
    You can find maps and park info here http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49
    you might even find someone to ride with. You will NOT find water though....bring the water and food with ya. Have fun!
    Frank Harms
    JORBA President
    frank at jorba.org

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Allaire is one of those places that it helps to be shown around by someone that knows the trails. Otherwise you can end up riding in circles and leaving the place thinking A) it's much smaller than it really is, and B) It's no fun...

So, perhaps you could track down a friend... or make a new one in the parking lot!

Have you ridden Huber? or Clayton? Both fun, both less extreme than Hartshorne and they are easier to navigate than Allaire.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Park in Hospital Rd. lot and trail head is over behind info board, the orange trail starts you out. It is nice to have a guide for first time out to get some bearings. Allaire is a great place to ride and a park you'll want to visit on a regular basis. It is a multi-use trail so you may encounter horses & hikers.

mtbr member
    Well I rode allaire state park today and I really liked it. We had no map and were in no hurry so we just explored everywhere.

My opinion is the trails not marked are the only trails I enjoyed riding, there is way to much sand on the back half of the orange trail ( blue also).. I can deal with a few patches, but there is a good strech of more than 100+ yards worth. I ended up at a few really cool places with great hills, curves, roots and drop offs, I have no clue how I got there but it was fun. Will def go again!

JORBA
    The park is really dry right now....we need some rain to pack the trails down again. This place is real fun after a decent rain.
    Frank Harms
    JORBA President
    frank at jorba.org

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    .""My opinion is the trails not marked are the only trails I enjoyed riding, there is way to much sand on the back half of the orange trail ( blue also).. I can deal with a few patches, but there is a good strech of more than 100+ yards worth. I ended up at a few really cool places with great hills, curves, roots and drop offs, I have no clue how I got there but it was fun. Will def go again![/QUOTE]""

Really sounds like fun. As soon as I get my new MTB set up I'm going to check it out. Hopefully I can hook up with some riders here to show me around the trails.

full-release guaranteed
    I rode out at Allaire the last two days and had a really good time. I only had two of the three maps from MTBNJ and got around just fine. Which means I got lost a whole lot but still had fun and knew where I was 'most' of the time. I did get a flat and thought I was miles away from the lot, but really I was a half mile away.

Really though, the key is to stay off the marked trails. All the fun singletrack is unmarked and unmapped. If all the good riding was marked, it wouldnt be good riding anymore.

The sand isnt so bad, and it makes for a more aerobic ride uphill and teaches handling skills going downhill.

Either way, five flaming turds!