allaire

Printable View

• 11-23-2012
    dudesok
    allaire
    Hi I'm from staten islandnd was wondering if someone can give me directions to allaire or where I can find them thank you
  • 11-23-2012
    wschruba
    Right abouts here is the parking lot.

Park is still kinda messy, but is passable.
  • 11-24-2012
    JasonNJ
    Quote:

Originally Posted by wschruba View Post
    Right abouts here is the parking lot.

Park is still kinda messy, but is passable.

As far as I know, the park is still officially closed.

From NJ DEP website:

Quote:

Allaire State Park: Allaire Village and Pine Creek Railroad open. The camping and picnic areas remain closed as do the trails.
  • 11-24-2012
    jsalvaggio
    Hey fellow Staten Islander who also rides a 29er ss rigid,
    check out the JORBA link:

Allaire State Park | JORBA - You Dig?

Have you checked out Six Mile Run?
    Do you ride in the Greenbelt?
  • 11-24-2012
    dudesok
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jsalvaggio View Post
    Hey fellow Staten Islander who also rides a 29er ss rigid,
    check out the JORBA link:

Allaire State Park | JORBA - You Dig?

Have you checked out Six Mile Run?
    Do you ride in the Greenbelt?

Hey man yes I have tryed both and love 6 mile send me a pm if you ever need someone to ride with...... thankyou everyone for help I think I will go to harthone today
  • 11-24-2012
    wschruba
    I personally wouldn't. I was only on Rocky Point walking a few days ago, but it was close to impassable by hike-a-bike in some spots.
  • 11-24-2012
    jsalvaggio
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dudesok View Post
    Hey man yes I have tryed both and love 6 mile send me a pm if you ever need someone to ride with...... thankyou everyone for help I think I will go to harthone today

Always looking for someone to ride with. I can't pm you (not enough posts) so shoot me an email jsalvaggio_at_leespring_dot_com and I'll send you my cell #
  • 11-24-2012
    dudesok
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jsalvaggio View Post
    Always looking for someone to ride with. I can't pm you (not enough posts) so shoot me an email jsalvaggio_at_leespring_dot_com and I'll send you my cell #

Sure man mines sal5amato@aim.com
  • 11-24-2012
    SmooveP
    6 Mile is fully cleared. Rode it Thursday for the first time ever. Pretty fun place.
    Hartshorne is closed. Tried it a week ago and not worth the trouble - many, many big trees down. I saw no evidence that any work has been done. Annoying, as it's my main park.
    Allaire is closed, too and the volunteers are getting cranky, both cuz the park people are useless and bikers are going in anyway, risking ticking off the park people.
  • 11-25-2012
    dudesok
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SmooveP View Post
    6 Mile is fully cleared. Rode it Thursday for the first time ever. Pretty fun place.
    Hartshorne is closed. Tried it a week ago and not worth the trouble - many, many big trees down. I saw no evidence that any work has been done. Annoying, as it's my main park.
    Allaire is closed, too and the volunteers are getting cranky, both cuz the park people are useless and bikers are going in anyway, risking ticking off the park people.

Yea I feel we should just do it our selfs
  • 11-25-2012
    huffster
    State Park Status updates here...
    Department of Environmental Protection

I have not ridden Allaire since Sandy, but apparently its not "officially" closed at this point.
  • 11-25-2012
    SmooveP
    Quote:

Originally Posted by huffster View Post
    Department of Environmental Protection

I have not ridden Allaire since Sandy, but apparently its not "officially" closed at this point.

From the page you linked to:
    "Allaire State Park: Allaire Village and Pine Creek Railroad open. The camping and picnic areas remain closed as do the trails."

Cleanup days are scheduled for December 8 and 9 with the park people and volunteers.
  • 11-26-2012
    Mike_243us
    I saw this on another forum it is a reply from the head of the parks department and is directed to allaire.

"Christopher the trails should reopen shortly at Allaire. There was alot of storm damage with fallen trees, etc. throughout the area and we need to ensure the safety of our visiting public in order to reopen them. The staff has scheduled volunteer clean-up days on December 8th and 9th at 9 am to assist staff with getting the trails cleared and open to the public."

see you on that weekend for some trail clearing we are still waiting for a meeting place that will get posted soon as well.
  • 11-26-2012
    dudesok
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike_243us View Post
    I saw this on another forum it is a reply from the head of the parks department and is directed to allaire.

"Christopher the trails should reopen shortly at Allaire. There was alot of storm damage with fallen trees, etc. throughout the area and we need to ensure the safety of our visiting public in order to reopen them. The staff has scheduled volunteer clean-up days on December 8th and 9th at 9 am to assist staff with getting the trails cleared and open to the public."

see you on that weekend for some trail clearing we are still waiting for a meeting place that will get posted soon as well.

Has far has volunteering you just show up right?? No online sign up or something of that sort
  • 11-26-2012
    Mike_243us
    Yes as soon as I get a starting point I will post it here and mtbnj but for any of the TM sessions that we hold you just show up sign in and help out. For the ones through out the summer we normally have a ride after.
  • 11-26-2012
    huffster
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SmooveP View Post
    From the page you linked to:
    "Allaire State Park: Allaire Village and Pine Creek Railroad open. The camping and picnic areas remain closed as do the trails."

Cleanup days are scheduled for December 8 and 9 with the park people and volunteers.

Duh, my bad.:blush:

Perhaps it was "selective reading"...kind of like the "selective listening" my wife tells me I have.:D
  • 11-26-2012
    SmooveP
    Quote:

Originally Posted by huffster View Post
    Duh, my bad.:blush:

Perhaps it was "selective reading"...kind of like the "selective listening" my wife tells me I have.:D

No problem. You'd never know the place was closed if you didn't read it on the web. Plenty of cars in the lot and people heading in and out of the trails on bikes. According to highly reliable sources, there are only a handfull of trees down that you can't easily get around.
  • 11-29-2012
    dudesok
    Does anyone know where the meet up spot for allaire clean up yet??
  • 11-29-2012
    Mike_243us
    Not yet I would hope it would be the Hospital road lot as soon as they let us know I will post it here and on mtbnj as well as the ATUG facebook page.
    Thanks in advance for the help.
  • 12-03-2012
    Mike_243us
    Hey all heard the the parks will be in on the weekend of Dec. 8Th. and 9Th. for a cleanup session, we will be out as well to help clear the larger of the trees.
    we will be meeting at 9:00 in the hospital road lot.
  • 01-01-2013
    alangrea
    New Year's Crowd
    I rode Allaire today (New year's Day) and I've never seen the parking lot so full! I counted over 60 cars, which is about 3 times the usual for a typical weekend. All trails are clear and ride-able - great job. Some new ride-arounds and re routes, but all good. I don't know why the web says the trails are still closed.

Anyone know why so many people were there?
  • 01-01-2013
    slingblade_uhhuh
    Quote:

Originally Posted by alangrea View Post
    Anyone know why so many people were there?

$5 Vegas style breakfast buffet at the Hog Bog.
  • 01-01-2013
    Mike_243us
    in this weather Allaire gets a lot of traffic from folks up north...