mtbr member
    Jun 2007

24 hrs Allamuchy

I know its raining a bit now but it looks like you guys just may luck out for Allamuchy with the weather this year.

I am opting to do 7 Springs but it would be nice to see you guys have nice conditions for once...

http://www.weather.com/outlook/recre...10DayLink_boat

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

hmmm

I dunno everything I see points towards 90 degrees severe humidity which means high chance of thunderstorms in the forecast...so sweat to death during the hottest part of the day (still haven't figured out why they don't start at 10) and then get wet....can't wait.

vgt
    mtbr member

why august?

why do they run this race in august? they should push it two weeks and run it in september....then there will typically be no problems with weather and humidity.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

First one

Hey guys,
    THis is my first 24 hr event and the first time that I will be riding in this area....any advice? What tires work well there and is it a Full Suspension course or hardtail?

Any feedback would be great thanks guys!
    ]
    Craig "Skippy" Hoyt

mtbr member
    May 2005

What to ride

Elite participants really going for a podium finish (it is a race afterall) will ride hardtails, but many racers use full suspension because Allamuchy is a rugged place and your body can really get hammered. Use a general purpose tire (or plan to swap tires), the conditions can (and will) change from dry and dusty to wet and slippery.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Looks like I was wrong...

Too bad. That race always turns into a disaster. I just feel bad for the guys and girls that race it and the trails (I guess that contreverisial).

Weather looks awesome again for 24 hrs/ 7 Springs...I'm psyched for my first solo effort...maybe the Allamuchy weekend is just a bad weather weekend historically.