Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 24 of Allamuchy

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

24 of Allamuchy

Anyone on here going this year? This will be my 7th time there with the wife racing and we will be doing another solo attempt after racing in every catagory every other year. 2nd try on the 29 SS which makes me think I will need a 19 or 20 in the rear this year.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Will likly be racing again this year...um 13th out of 14 years. Not sure of the class yet...

I heard the weather was going to be great this year!!!!

Bob W.

Born Annoyed
    I'm trying to get a crew together. This is my 1st year. Still haven't figured out how to explain a 24 hour race to someone who never raced and then have them believe I'm sane. Also planning on the Darkhorse40.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Panhead
    I'm trying to get a crew together. This is my 1st year. Still haven't figured out how to explain a 24 hour race to someone who never raced and then have them believe I'm sane. Also planning on the Darkhorse40.
    how competitive do you want to be? I've wanted to do 24 hrs Allamuchy since I started mtbing last year but I've had bad luck looking for people. if you need someone just PM me and we can work out the details.
    "hit hard, hit fast, hit often HOOAH!!!!"

Blog of mine: http://mtnsprts.blogspot.com

DH Racing= $$$
    May 2007
    24 hour race huh? That's pretty sick. I plan on doing the Darkhorse40, do you have a website link to this race? I'm only 16, so hopefully they'd have age classes for a 24 hour race.
    RockyMountainBikes/ KendaTires/ TroyLeeDesigns

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DownhillR3
    24 hour race huh? That's pretty sick. I plan on doing the Darkhorse40, do you have a website link to this race? I'm only 16, so hopefully they'd have age classes for a 24 hour race.
    Not sure which race you wanted info for:

http://www.24hoursofallamuchy.com/

http://www.darkhorsecycles.com/darkh...040%202007.pdf
    Jersey Off-Road Bicycle Association- Advocate, Educate and Conserve
    You Dig? WWW.JORBA.ORG

WWW.MTBNJ.COM

Born Annoyed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob W
    Will likly be racing again this year...um 13th out of 14 years. Not sure of the class yet...

I heard the weather was going to be great this year!!!!

Bob W.
    I heard it never rained at the mooch

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DownhillR3
    The 24 Allamuchy Race allows any one to race but if you are under 19 yrs old, you need a parent or gaurdian present during the entire race, which could be one of your teammates. A lot of you guys are doing the Darkhorse40, it's on my list too.. Good luck

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

24 Hrs of Stewarts AFB

anyone know if they ever had one of these or going to have one of these?

mtbr member
    I'm in.
    Solo again this year.
    Finally turned 50 so I might be somewhat competitive in the geezer class.
    Lenny

www.mtbnj.com
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lawndart
    anyone know if they ever had one of these or going to have one of these?
    I believe they had a 12 hour as part of the churn and burn or chainstretcher series, but unsure about the 24.

mtbr member
    The team I am in currently needs on more rider in order to enter the "Corporate" class in the 24 Hours of Allamuchy race. if there is anyone who is serious about doing it but does not want to go solo PM and I will give you the details. we are a 5 person team and only riding for the fun and experience of doing a 24 hour race, beginners to experts accepted we do not discriminate..

Paul

mtbr member
    I'll be there. I did my first 24 last year at Allamuchy and I'm gonna be there again this year for more of that nice sunny weather and hardpack conditions

mtbr member
    Was goin to try a solo attempt, but decided against it...not enough time to get ready.

I did it a few years ago...
    "Live, Live, Live!. Life is a banquet but most poor suckers are starving to death!!!"

it's just baby phat..
    this will be my fourth year. doing it solo this time. also doing it on a 29er but not SS, racer x 29er Ti baby!

phat

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Bla Bla Bal

Bla Bla Bal...cant stop talking about that new bike huh!?!?!?!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by phatbiker
    this will be my fourth year. doing it solo this time. also doing it on a 29er but not SS, racer x 29er Ti baby!

phat
    sounds sick. I thought about a Titus eleven not for 24 hrs but for shorter races but a little too much out of my budget for now. Maybe in a couple years, ride hard man

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jase810
    Was goin to try a solo attempt, but decided against it...not enough time to get ready.

I did it a few years ago...
    Last year I did it solo. My first ever. I wanted to get a 4 person team going but no one committed. So I signed up for it 8 days before the race. Finished 5th in my class. It was an amazing, and amazingly painful event. Do it!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by XC62701
    Last year I did it solo. My first ever. I wanted to get a 4 person team going but no one committed. So I signed up for it 8 days before the race. Finished 5th in my class. It was an amazing, and amazingly painful event. Do it!!!
    How many laps did you do? What class? How long was the loop?
    "Live, Live, Live!. Life is a banquet but most poor suckers are starving to death!!!"

it's just baby phat..
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob W
    Bla Bla Bal...cant stop talking about that new bike huh!?!?!?!
    isn't this where you spilled the beans?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jase810
    How many laps did you do? What class? How long was the loop?
    Last year it was a proposed 11 mile loop but the conditions were so bad it was cut to a 9.5 mile loop. I did 10 laps. That was in Men 19-29. I beleive I calculated it to be about 14 hours of saddle time.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I'm in for the fourth time. Stuff finally dried out from last year so I guess I'm all set!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I'm probably in for solo again, but really haven't done much riding this summer (averaging 1 day a week). I guess I have to put in some serious training in the next 4 weeks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I'm pretty sure they dont announce the course but does anyone have a general idea of what trails to ride. I'm going there this week just to get a feel for the place (I rode there once before). Any advice on some of the trails to seek out?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

24 Course

You’re right, the course is not known to the racers until the day before when it is open for pre riding. Only two people have an idea of what this year’s course is, so if you ride most of the trails in the middle of the park you should be good!

Other than that, just ride all the trails in the park and you will understand what the course will be like.

In general terms the course is typically 10-12 miles long and has approx 1500 ft of elevation change. Expect rocks, roots, and dare I say mud.

See everyone on Aug 25th!

Bob W. (only one person resp for the course design; and no, I am not the promoter)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast