• 02-07-2013
    Tbone
    Who do you trust to build your wheel?
    Hey all, I'm still relatively new to the area. I need to have a rear wheel built and am wondering who you'd say the best builder here is? I'm a clyde and do small/mid drops (I beat the hell out of my wheels).

Thanks in advance!
  • 02-08-2013
    gregnash
    Are you looking for Vegas or Reno?
  • 02-08-2013
    Tbone
    I'm in vegas
  • 02-09-2013
    Guy Cool
    Mike Bishop at Southwest Bikes
  • 02-10-2013
    Tbone
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy Cool View Post
    Mike Bishop at Southwest Bikes

Thanks, this is actually the closest shop to my house. Nice. I appreciate the input.
  • 02-11-2013
    dustyduke22
    I trust myself, but I am up in Elko
  • 02-15-2013
    guyintense
    Ray Ray over at Southern Highlands Cyclery is probably the best and most experienced wheel builder in Las Vegas. IMHO
  • 02-15-2013
    Tbone
    Appreciate the input. I didn't see this last post, went with peloton sports on the recommendation from broken spoke. I brought them my beat to hell wheel (king hub/flow29er rim) and They had my wheel done in less than 24 hours. Nice folks
  • 02-16-2013
    Camaleon
    Quote:

Originally Posted by guyintense View Post
    Ray Ray over at Southern Highlands Cyclery is probably the best and most experienced wheel builder in Las Vegas. IMHO

^ +1 I just had a set of Flows w/Kings build by Ray
  • 02-16-2013
    nvphatty
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dustyduke22 View Post
    I trust myself, but I am up in Elko

where is that??
  • 03-06-2013
    Tbone
    Just a quick follow up post - Peloton built up a sturdy wheel. I've beat it up a couple of times and its true. Good, fast service, had my wheel back on my bike in <24 hours
  • 03-07-2013
    sugardare
    That's a great question. Honestly, no one here - sorry. I have had every wheel built through The Bike Co. in Lake Forest, CA. If they build wheels for Brian Lopes and Hans Rey, then I think they can do it right. I know, support LBS, but we all buy more stuff of the web anyway, so how does this hurt? I used to live there and they just continue to build my wheels. When I need a new wheel (like every 3 years) I just ship the wheels (or hubs) back and they relace my Kings with a new rim. Good luck!
  • 03-08-2013
    nvphatty
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sugardare View Post
    That's a great question. Honestly, no one here - sorry.

where is here??