• 12-19-2012
    Ross W.
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by E ! View Post
    Here is a printable map of cottonwood that is well laid out.(thanks Matt.)

    Coming to ride Bootleg and Cottonwood this weekend, I notice this map is a few years old, is it still pretty accurate? I plan to drop by Mcghies in Blue Diamond for a map, but I'm not sure if they'll be open on Christmas eve.

    Edit: hmm, the map didn't post in the quote, but it's the first one posted in the thread.
  • 12-19-2012
    Camaleon
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Ross W. View Post
    Coming to ride Bootleg and Cottonwood this weekend, I notice this map is a few years old, is it still pretty accurate? I plan to drop by Mcghies in Blue Diamond for a map, but I'm not sure if they'll be open on Christmas eve.

    Edit: hmm, the map didn't post in the quote, but it's the first one posted in the thread.

    Make sure you can get a bike before you get there.
    Once you are there you will be fine with that map otherwise you can get a better map from the bike outpost or just talk to Chris and you will be alright Cottonwood is easy to navigate and there's a lot of traffic so most likely you will run in to riders than can point you in the right direction
  • 12-19-2012
    knoob
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Ross W. View Post
    Coming to ride Bootleg and Cottonwood this weekend, I notice this map is a few years old, is it still pretty accurate? I plan to drop by Mcghies in Blue Diamond for a map, but I'm not sure if they'll be open on Christmas eve.

    Edit: hmm, the map didn't post in the quote, but it's the first one posted in the thread.

    Yea, not much has changed at Cottonwood. There "might" be some that aren't shown on the Map. ;)

    At Bootleg Power pole is closed and there is a new trail that starts at Railroad Pass and takes you up to the Caldera.

    Bears Best at Town Center/215 if you are staying on that side of town you can get a really fun 10-12mi in close to town. See thread here in NV forum.

    Enjoy :thumbsup:
  • 12-19-2012
    Ross W.
    Thanks for the quick replies guys.

    We'll have our own bikes with us, so no worries there. I'll stop by Mcghies for a better map if it's open.
  • 12-19-2012
    big0mike
    Cowboy Trails FtMFW! That's my recommendation and I'm sticking to it.
  • 02-07-2013
    tppon
    Great Info!
  • 04-30-2013
    Kevlar3D
    I have been riding Amargosa trail by Horizon Ridge/Horizon in Henderson. Some of the switchbacks have sandy washouts but aside from that, it is a pretty decent trail. Lots of hikers so don't plan on showing off your DH skills since you will likely need to yield a few times in your descent.
  • 09-22-2013
    boarder831
    Heading To Las Vegas tomorrow morning with bike (Giant Anthem X29 1) in tow. Planning a couple of rides (solo) for now unless anyone wants to join me for a 20 miler out of Blue Diamond on Tuesday morning and then checking out BBT (1st time there) on Wednesday morning. Strong intermediate XC rider.
  • 09-27-2013
    boarder831
    Got no replies but still managed a nice solo ride out of Blue Diamond and met a local on the trail who hooked me up with some general area knowledge.

    Great fun on this route. Mountain Bike Ride Profile | Cottonwood Valley @ Blue Diamond near United States | Times and Records | Strava
  • 09-27-2013
    phoeneous
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by boarder831 View Post
    Got no replies but still managed a nice solo ride out of Blue Diamond and met a local on the trail who hooked me up with some general area knowledge.

    Great fun on this route. Mountain Bike Ride Profile | Cottonwood Valley @ Blue Diamond near United States | Times and Records | Strava


    We will be at latenight tomorrow 6:30am if you're still here. Group of 3-5.
  • 09-27-2013
    boarder831
    Thanks for the invite but heading home from this Vegas adventure. Enjoyed 2 rides @ Cottonwood and 1 @ Bears Best Trails. A nice change riding in the desert from the terrain in NorCal. Already looking forward to next year's trip.
  • 10-29-2013
    KDfromCO
    Hey everyone, coming into town this weekend. Anyone interested in hooking up for a ride? No plans but figured Bootleg or Cottonwood would be fun.
  • 10-29-2013
    Kevlar3D
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by KDfromCO View Post
    Hey everyone, coming into town this weekend. Anyone interested in hooking up for a ride? No plans but figured Bootleg or Cottonwood would be fun.

    I will probably be hitting bears best trail (Summerlin area) on Saturday morning. You are more than welcome to come along. If you are interested, PM me your contact info.

    There is also a meetup beginner cottonwood ride at 10:30. They usually welcome all skill levels.
  • 10-29-2013
    Camaleon
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Kevlar3D View Post
    Edit- there is also a meetup beginner cottonwood ride at 10:30. They usually welcome all skill levels.

    ^^ If you are in town why not ride with the best riders in town and for FREE.
    BEGINNER RIDE, Slow pace - fun ride at Cottonwood(Late Night Lot) - Mountain Bike Las Vegas (Las Vegas , NV) - Meetup
    They will be all kind of riders with different skills and riding at different paces 3-5 mph, 5-7 mph, 7-10 mph, 10-15 mph etc.. and anywhere from 5 to 25+ miles so suite yourself.
  • 10-30-2013
    hazmatt480
    I'm looking to do some riding Sunday morning. Anyone care to show me around? I'm an intermediate rider, slow/decent climber and really enjoy technical climbs and decents. I usually put in 20 - 50 miles a ride.... usually 3-5 hours +/-
    I'm staying near cottonwood trail but can go wherever.
    I'll bring the beer! Thanks!

    Matt
  • 10-30-2013
    DDDonny
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by hazmatt480 View Post
    I'm looking to do some riding Sunday morning. Anyone care to show me around? I'm an intermediate rider, slow/decent climber and really enjoy technical climbs and decents. I usually put in 20 - 50 miles a ride.... usually 3-5 hours +/-
    I'm staying near cottonwood trail but can go wherever.
    I'll bring the beer! Thanks!

    Matt

    Hey Matt, try posting here ---> Mountain Bike Las Vegas (Las Vegas , NV) - Meetup
  • 10-30-2013
    hazmatt480
    Just did, thanks for the advice. Hopefully it works out!
  • 11-01-2013
    phoeneous
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by hazmatt480 View Post
    I'm looking to do some riding Sunday morning. Anyone care to show me around? I'm an intermediate rider, slow/decent climber and really enjoy technical climbs and decents. I usually put in 20 - 50 miles a ride.... usually 3-5 hours +/-
    I'm staying near cottonwood trail but can go wherever.
    I'll bring the beer! Thanks!

    Matt

    What time were you thinking?
  • 10-21-2014
    702Biff