Bro
    Where I do my thinking

Vandalism on N-Trail?

Yesterday I was riding on the N trail, saw a lot of boards laid across a section near where it intersects the Keystone/Evans connector near the top. Upon further inspection, the boards that were laid directly across the trail had a lot of nails and screws sticking up. WTF is up with that? I'm hoping that it was just someone trying to build a kicker for a jump (what it looked like the boards were set up for), and they just completely forgot to check for screws? Or deliberate vandalism, for whatever reason?

Either way, I took a big rock and flattened out the nails and screws. One of the boards I flipped over so that the screws were pointed into the ground. It would probably be best to keep an eye out for lumber set across the trail around there
    I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

likes bicycles
    Thanks for the heads up. Where exactly was this? At the part where the trail dumps onto the doubletrack or what?

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    I guess you could say it's right at the top of N trail? Where it narrows into rocky singletrack right after you turn onto the trail from the top of Evans trail. I didn't see anything else like that on my ride yesterday, up Keystone and then down N trail.
    I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

mtbr member
    well thats messed up regardless of intent etc.

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    well thats messed up regardless of intent etc.
    I've been up there a few times since then and nothing's changed from when I fixed it, so I guess it's safe to assume it was just a mistake by whoever was working up there, even though it was a dangerous and potentially costly mistake.