mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Two Days in Vegas.. What to ride?

Heading that way for a couple days, tuesday and wednesday.

We have our all mountain rigs..

What would you all suggest for a couple of days of riding, mostly 2-4 hour rides..

Are the XC trails at bootleg fun? wouldn't mind checking that scene out, but no DH rig on this trip..

Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Yes, it's fun, but very rocky... There are a handful of quarter pipe-like hits where you can get major air on the west side... On the east side, there are some fun big drops and a view of Lake Las Vegas...

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Bootleg is a blast! Go to All Mountain Cyclery in Boulder City, which is a couple of minutes from the trailheads, and ask them which trails to hit up. It's XC mixed with technical rocky areas. Another good one is Bears Best. It's in SW Las Vegas. Look up Las Vegas Cyclery which is a few minutes from BB and they can show you the way. I know I'm sending you to the LBS's but easier than to explain streets and stuff to you. Have fun!!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad V2 View Post
    Bootleg is a blast! Go to All Mountain Cyclery in Boulder City, which is a couple of minutes from the trailheads, and ask them which trails to hit up. It's XC mixed with technical rocky areas. Another good one is Bears Best. It's in SW Las Vegas. Look up Las Vegas Cyclery which is a few minutes from BB and they can show you the way. I know I'm sending you to the LBS's but easier than to explain streets and stuff to you. Have fun!!!
    thanks, much appreciated and I love supporting the LBS when I travel..

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I would hit both Bootleg and Cottonwood. Bootleg has some great XC trails, some are quite technical and others are much less so. Cottonwood is mostly smoother rolling singletrack that it loads of fun. I haven't ridden Bear's Best, but I don't think you could get a 2-4 hour ride in there without lots of repeats. Correct me if I'm wrong guys. It's great to direct you to LBS's, but none will be open on Tuesday (NY day). Cottonwood trails are probably easier to find your way around with a map.
    Check out the links in this thread for maps:
    Consolidated Mountain Bike Trail Listing for Southern Nevada?
    Wednesday should have shops open with good directions to trails. Have fun.

mtbr member
    Bootleg: You can def put in some fun miles Couple 2-4 hr rides a day easy.

Cottonwood: make sure you check out the southside of the Hwy.
    The Hurl is a great trail that get's overlooked.

Cowboy Trails: climb Kibbles n' Bits, Right when you go through the gate, then another Right down into the wash. Climb to the Radio Tower for a nice view of Vegas.

Twilight Zone: 95 north to SR 157,@ mile marker 12 dirt lot on you right, look for the gravel piles.

There are maps in the visitor sticky above( no Twilight) They're not complete, but a good start.
    If you have just a little directioal sense you can't get lost.

Bootleg & Cowboy are chunky.

Cottonwood you must seek the chunk.

washed-up moto guy
    I'll be in town for CES and the associated circus that is next week. I'm debating on taking the the roadie or the MTB. If I take the MTB, I would want to find some faster/flowy trails. What suggestions would you have?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum357 View Post
    I'll be in town for CES and the associated circus that is next week. I'm debating on taking the the roadie or the MTB. If I take the MTB, I would want to find some faster/flowy trails. What suggestions would you have?
    Faster flowy = Cottonwood. Like knoob said, there's some chunk there but you have to seek it out.

There's some of that at Bears Best but it's more flowy than fast. Fun system, just a little tighter and less elevation change overall.

There's also some fast flow at Bootleg but it's mixed in with some exposure and some chunk: Try going up Girl Scout around Caldera then back down Girl Scout. Or mix in some POW and Mother with some Lakes Loops. If you don't like chunk or tech, avoid West Leg, East Leg, Skyline, and any of the front side DH trails.

To the OP: Cowboy Trails!!

washed-up moto guy
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Faster flowy = Cottonwood. Like knoob said, there's some chunk there but you have to seek it out.

There's some of that at Bears Best but it's more flowy than fast. Fun system, just a little tighter and less elevation change overall.

There's also some fast flow at Bootleg but it's mixed in with some exposure and some chunk: Try going up Girl Scout around Caldera then back down Girl Scout. Or mix in some POW and Mother with some Lakes Loops. If you don't like chunk or tech, avoid West Leg, East Leg, Skyline, and any of the front side DH trails.

To the OP: Cowboy Trails!!
    Thanks KRob! I think I will go for Cottonwood. Is BBT in that area as well?